Hull City v Derby County

Day

Can see us trying to dominate possession (even if it's just along the back lines) to safely feel our way into the game and Hull making all the early advances. 

Might go like MK Dons where they could score 3 or 4 times before we get going if we even do get going.

Or it could be like Cardiff and how Forest was meant to go where it actually works and we safely ease ourselves into dominance. 

Can't see us coming out taking risks for the first 45-60. 

So I'd brace yourselves for an underwhelming start from us. Softly softly softly catchy monkey.

Hull to win. Chris Mills in

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of hope we just don't put in the sort of perfomances we do when facing Boro or Leicester away.

I remember going to the KC Stadium when Phil Brown was in charge of Derby. We absolutely hammered them that day and somehow lost 2-1. Amazing to think how far they've come since then.

Wouldn't mind a performance similar to the one against Watford roughly this time last year. We were superb that day, and with the amount of chances we created it could have been far better than just 2-1.

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Can see us trying to dominate possession (even if it's just along the back lines) to safely feel our way into the game and Hull making all the early advances. 

Might go like MK Dons where they could score 3 or 4 times before we get going if we even do get going.

Or it could be like Cardiff and how Forest was meant to go where it actually works and we safely ease ourselves into dominance. 

Can't see us coming out taking risks for the first 45-60. 

So I'd brace yourselves for an underwhelming start from us. Softly softly softly catchy monkey.

Hull to win. Chris Mills in

You talk an awful lot of sense Alpha.

Chris Mills in - You know it makes sense.

Definitely one of those games which would be nice to win, but not the end of the world if we don't.

People make reference to the chance to go top for the second time this season, but does it matter? As long as we're first or second after 46 games I couldn't care less if we're not in the top two for the other 45!

I think we proved last season that it doesn't matter how long you can be in or around the top two, what matters is where you are at the end of the season. Getting in to the top two for the first time would be nice, but I'd be more than happy with a good performance and a point.

46 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I kind of hope we just don't put in the sort of perfomances we do when facing Boro or Leicester away.

I remember going to the KC Stadium when Phil Brown was in charge of Derby. We absolutely hammered them that day and somehow lost 2-1. Amazing to think how far they've come since then.

Wouldn't mind a performance similar to the one against Watford roughly this time last year. We were superb that day, and with the amount of chances we created it could have been far better than just 2-1.

PAH!!!!   That's nowt!!  It was only 11 years ago we were in the bottom tier!!

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's shared with the rugby as well isn't it? Although league won't knacker the pitch and doesn't overlap to much season wise I would've thought. I never remember if its hull or KR though. Still, if its rugby league you want, as all of Whitehaven know, itsWorkington who are the jam eaters.

It's Hull F.C them dirty early birds, the fantastic Hull Kingston Rovers, the mighty Robins have their own wonderful ground called Craven Park and don't nause up the pitch for the Tigers.

Hull KR 10 Hull FC 5 Challenge Cup Final at Wembley 1980, best day of my life!

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

Sky Sprouts apparently reporting some sort of bust up between Steve Maclaren plus staff with a group of their senior players, involving Schteeve saying essentially not enough effort from some players, allegedly.Watch this space!

Why this post in match day thread? :/

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Incompetence and lack of thread aligning skills. I  could not find this information elsewhere when I posted it. Feel free to DELete, my friend.

Use that thread about Mac in Football talk section mate. Hey I see what you did there at the last bit, very good effort!! 

Not at all confident, not after the florist affair as I had never been so confident against the red scum as I was for that match. Think we can do it but believe every player needs to put a real shift in. Can't afford any passangers in this game.

even if we don't get the result we want just hope the suicide squad don't start writing us off. Let's not forget two teams get autos,

Yep i am with you, the Forest game left me confused,never have i gone into a derby so confident of a result.

My phone that night was in melt down,from forest fans.

Back on track against Cardiff,.Johnson will be a big miss tonight.Hull away a hard game for the lads,hope they have learned

the lesson ,and compete in a difficult game,for me,,a draw is a very good result.

judging by the forest game this is likely to be 2-0 at worst as they are a very good side we will find difficult to break down. we will make our usual defensive balls up and go 1 down then chase the game and let another one in on the break. 

at best a boring nil nil with both managers satisfied with a clean sheet and a point. long season Blah Blah, they are a good team blah blah. 

14 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

judging by the forest game this is likely to be 2-0 at worst as they are a very good side we will find difficult to break down. we will make our usual defensive balls up and go 1 down then chase the game and let another one in on the break.

at best a boring nil nil with both managers satisfied with a clean sheet and a point. long season Blah Blah, they are a good team blah blah.

Usual efensive balls up? What? Have you been watching at all this season?

24 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Usual efensive balls up? What? Have you been watching at all this season?

Don't even need to watch just looking at stats and results, you don't have 3rd best defensive record in country with frequent defensive balls ups do you? Think someone is still living last season

4 hours ago, harryram said:

Not at all confident, not after the florist affair as I had never been so confident against the red scum as I was for that match. Think we can do it but believe every player needs to put a real shift in. Can't afford any passangers in this game.

even if we don't get the result we want just hope the suicide squad don't start writing us off. Let's not forget two teams get autos,

I am confident BECAUSE of the Forest performance. Our lot know they let everyone down including themselves.....wont do it again.

Archived