Hull City v Derby County

Day

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I always worry that you cannot rely on Jeff to turn up. Can't afford any passengers.

100% agree. Hendrick barely ever turns up. 

Cant get my head round why anyone would pick him over Bryson. 

4 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Bryson not yet match fit..

Hes come off the bench twice now and played 2 lots of 90 minute games. 

Bryson is as ready to start now as ever. 

26 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

1Hes come off the bench twice now and played 2 lots of 90 minute games. 

Bryson is as ready to start now as ever. 

Maybe he came off the bench in order to help with some match fitness? 20 minutes for Bryson would have been a lot more useful for the squad as a whole than 20 minutes for a fully fit Hendrick who had just played 180 minutes of international football.

This will be a pretty good guide as to how good our auto chances are. I'd take a point but with their injuries/suspensions we have a great chance to beat 'em.

In other news, i just got told i can work from home on Friday (for the first time ever). Log off at 4pm, order a curry and sit back on my sofa. It's fun being plastic

Great chance for 3 points.Most people favour Hendricks to replace Johnson'I think

they are right.In the 2nd half with the pace of Russell against a tiring 2nd string

defender,he should have a field day plus Bryson who should be fit adding to a

potent strike force.Lets get at 'em-2 clear goals.

A Thorne - Bryson - butterfield combination is utterly mouth-watering and I'm convinced it's what we are going to see. PC opted to leave out butterfield and go with Hendrick at forest and I'll think that will be something he will ponder. Weimann and JR for me in the wide spots with ince coming on later if we are down. 

most exciting game in a long time - 1 v 4 with two teams bang on song ! 

2 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

Great chance for 3 points.Most people favour Hendricks to replace Johnson'I think

they are right.In the 2nd half with the pace of Russell against a tiring 2nd string

defender,he should have a field day plus Bryson who should be fit adding to a

potent strike force.Lets get at 'em-2 clear goals.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

A fit & inform Bryson running in late off Martin is a thing of beauty. A midfield of George - Butters - Bryson please.

Im sold, we've won fantastic top of the league friday night. Bring it on.

Come on Derby.

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

A fit & inform Bryson running in late off Martin is a thing of beauty. A midfield of George - Butters - Bryson please.

I agree, but the problem is that when Martin is targetted and gets caught up in personal battles with strong centre halfs his link up play goes out the window. I'd see Jeff as more likely than Bryson to go past defenders himself and greate chances in that scenario.

1 hour ago, Reithe glas said:

I agree, but the problem is that when Martin is targetted and gets caught up in personal battles with strong centre halfs his link up play goes out the window. I'd see Jeff as more likely than Bryson to go past defenders himself and greate chances in that scenario.

Not on the evidence of a couple of seasons ago when Bryson scored most of his goals running off Martin. 

3 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

Interesting, I'd have totally different solution to same problem. IMO Martin needs more help from midfield and Bryson's runs are best what we've got. His runs can really be a menace to big centrehalves and create more room for Martin.

Biggest test of the season so far and will go a long way to showing if we are realistic automatic contenders or just play-off fodder. The next three matches should show us just that.

And a perfect way to put to an end the debate following the Forest debacle a couple of weeks ago - was it just a one-off or was it yet another big-game failure ?

Personally I'm not swayed by those clinging onto the hope that they have a couple of defenders out. Bradley being missing is more of a concern to me - oppositions must hate playing against him. 

If we win this one, the Sky's the limit

On 22 November 2015 at 14:16:57, Ovis aries said:

They lose Huddlestone which gives us a great advantage , then we lose Johnson and even it out again.

Still waiting for you to answer the question why are they lose Huddlestone? 

Archived