Chris Martin

Idiakez

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

If you care to Google Stefan Slowinski you will find that he is a 21 year old DCFC supporter from Alvaston. What it doesn't say is that he has nothing better to do than waste the time of supporters interested in genuine transfer news

I'd estimate 99% of those who post on here are DCFC supporters but that doesn't stop them from contributing a load of poppycock on occasions (me included).

Do you believe that particular post then?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I thought the outgoing transfers also counted across the period of whatever new contract they sign?

No, the new contract is nothing to do with us once he's gone. We just get the cash/promise of cash in the future added to our accounts. Obviously instalments would affect cash flow, but not profit/loss.

He has become Rob Hulse mk 2.  ie spends a lot of time sitting on the ground with appealing hands in the air whilst the game continues....... He is the player the previous manager built his system around and we owe him a lot because he was very good at his allocated task.  But the manager has changed and he wants to move the club in a different direction . To some extent Martin has become the elephant in the room and he is visibly frustrated because he cannot function as effectively .   To offset this he was given a different sort of pivotal importance  -  made captain.  -   but on Monday Warnock was captain even though Martin started the game. Maybe this was because he is moving on.    Be interesting to see what happens tonight...........

39 minutes ago, toldu said:

He has become Rob Hulse mk 2.  ie spends a lot of time sitting on the ground with appealing hands in the air whilst the game continues....... He is the player the previous manager built his system around and we owe him a lot because he was very good at his allocated task.  But the manager has changed and he wants to move the club in a different direction . To some extent Martin has become the elephant in the room and he is visibly frustrated because he cannot function as effectively .   To offset this he was given a different sort of pivotal importance  -  made captain.  -   but on Monday Warnock was captain even though Martin started the game. Maybe this was because he is moving on.    Be interesting to see what happens tonight...........

Warnock will captain tonight, he's been doing all of the press interviews.

The problem for Chris is that the other 9 outfield players seem to be instructed to set up camp in our own half.  Every time the ball gets to Chris he has to dance about with it for a few seconds to give other players the chance to get forward.

It is clear we play counter attacking football, but it doesn't work, especially as we seem to be finding ourselves 1-0 down before we get our first attack.

Chris isn't the problem, the tactics are.

2nd half was the best I've seen him play for weeks - a lot of which was due to having other players a lot closer to him and allowing him to lay the ball off - once he (or Clement) realised he wasn't getting a sniff up against Smalling, he dropped a bit deeper and was able to get involved (and coincidently stopped falling over so often) - let's hope it continues....

On 30/01/2016 at 00:24, PodgeyRam said:

This seems like the best place to put this. i've done a pot on my blog about why Martin isn't quite firing on all cylinders and how we (by this I mean Clement) can fix this. I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with this idea though.

http://viewfromtheweststand.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/where-has-chris-martins-magic-gone.html

Nice blog.....well written

5 minutes ago, ossieram said:

In the last 24 hours I have heard so many stupid rumours about Martin! Some people must be laughing their socks off at just how gullible some idiots are when they believe the crap they invent.

Has he gone then?  ?

Archived