Chris Martin

Idiakez

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I saw Martin chatting to that female Rammie thing after the Bristol City game the other week, make of that what you will. 

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I love it when people show disdain by adding the word thing after describing something more than adequately. 

that definately merits the word 'thing'.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, chezzyram said:

He may have been confused himself, he was heard to shout 'cum on ewe rams', just before he did. Allegedly.

That's no excuse, I can't count the amount of times I've been told to "cum on Chrissy Martin" to get him to score some goals for Derby.

10 minutes ago, HenriDCFC said:

There's other news about a 4.25m bid being accepted from Celtic 

My first thought was that we would only sell if it gave us the money to buy McCormack or Rhodes. On the face of it £4.25m doesn't do that. However, on reflection, it actually might do.

Because fees paid out only get reflected as amortization, buying a player for £10m on a three year contract would cost the FFP calculation £3.333m (actually it would be a 3.5 year contract in January as all contracts run until July so it's less than £3m)

Outgoing transfer fees appear in full, less any amortisation liabilities still outstanding - which is zero in Martin's case as he was free. So, by the time the other fees were settled, our FFP account would get c£3.5m extra for this season. Just enough to buy a £10m striker as long as Mel was happy to actually stump up the cash.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If I was daft enough to do it, what's to stop me opening a Twitter account and posting similar rubbish to this? No doubts there'd be a few gullible posters on here who would then believe it as gospel, going to happen as sure as night follows day!

If you care to Google Stefan Slowinski you will find that he is a 21 year old DCFC supporter from Alvaston. What it doesn't say is that he has nothing better to do than waste the time of supporters interested in genuine transfer news

31 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

My first thought was that we would only sell if it gave us the money to buy McCormack or Rhodes. On the face of it £4.25m doesn't do that. However, on reflection, it actually might do.

Because fees paid out only get reflected as amortization, buying a player for £10m on a three year contract would cost the FFP calculation £3.333m (actually it would be a 3.5 year contract in January as all contracts run until July so it's less than £3m)

Outgoing transfer fees appear in full, less any amortisation liabilities still outstanding - which is zero in Martin's case as he was free. So, by the time the other fees were settled, our FFP account would get c£3.5m extra for this season. Just enough to buy a £10m striker as long as Mel was happy to actually stump up the cash.

I thought the outgoing transfers also counted across the period of whatever new contract they sign?

If we sell Martin it's because we have someone else lined up waiting and either need the squad space or the money to make room for X striker in the squad.

It would be a sad way to see Martin go. One of my favourite DCFC players and he's been fantastic for us. If he leaves because he's ushered out then we've treated him poorly in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If we sell Martin it's because we have someone else lined up waiting and either need the squad space or the money to make room for X striker in the squad.

It would be a sad way to see Martin go. One of my favourite DCFC players and he's been fantastic for us. If he leaves because he's ushered out then we've treated him poorly in my opinion.

If he goes to a prem team I don't think anyone could make the case of us "ushering" him out. Celtic and I'll feel bad for him.

Archived