Chris Martin

Idiakez

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is so much change at the club that nothing seems certain. We've changed the manager and the coaching staff, got rid of the head of football operations and recruitment, bought a complete new team, changed the captain, fannied about with the formation, etc etc. All of this must have a very unsettling and destabilising effect upon the players. 

Personally i don't think chris has done anything wrong at all, other than suffer appalling service. He's not missing chances. He's simply not getting any. The best combination he has is with Johnny Russell, but Russell has been dropped and is looking less bubbly and confident every time we see him.

Hendrick is in and out, butterfield is in and out, some players seem focussed on creating chances for themselves rather than playing for one another.

maybe thats what happens in these circumstances. Look after no1. 

but if we are actively trying to get rid of chris then something is seriously wrong with the judgement of those who now matter.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

There is so much change at the club that nothing seems certain. We've changed the manager and the coaching staff, got rid of the head of football operations and recruitment, bought a complete new team, changed the captain, fannied about with the formation, etc etc. All of this must have a very unsettling and destabilising effect upon the players. 

Personally i don't think chris has done anything wrong at all, other than suffer appalling service. He's not missing chances. He's simply not getting any. The best combination he has is with Johnny Russell, but Russell has been dropped and is looking less bubbly and confident every time we see him.

Hendrick is in and out, butterfield is in and out, some players seem focussed on creating chances for themselves rather than playing for one another.

but if we are actively trying to get rid of chris then something is seriously wrong with the judgement of those who now matter.

Or it could be something else. 

Use your brain 

25 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Lot of truth in this RamNut

Hang about....

Yesterday all the ITKers were adamant that Chris Martin had handed in a transfer request. Today, he wants to stay but the club are determined to sell him

Do yourselves a favour and calm down. Get a polythene bag and breathe into it for a few seconds. If that doesn't work, stick your head right in it and pull it tight if it all seems a bit too much.

5 hours ago, Supermac said:

I really don't get this and it seems to have similarities with our recent shambolic performances on the pitch. Martin has had the captains armband for most of this season which would indicate to me that PC rates him. So why all of a sudden are we looking to ship him out?? 

Martin played against Burnley yet Warnock was the captain.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Martin played against Burnley yet Warnock was the captain.

Hmm so maybe we will see who captain is next game cause it won't be Warnock if Olsson plays. Who's your money on if it  isn't going to be Martin? Surely it would have to be shackell? 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Hang about....

Yesterday all the ITKers were adamant that Chris Martin had handed in a transfer request. Today, he wants to stay but the club are determined to sell him

Do yourselves a favour and calm down. Get a polythene bag and breathe into it for a few seconds. If that doesn't work, stick your head right in it and pull it tight if it all seems a bit too much.

If did use the word "if".

too subtle?

Newsflash - Captaincy will be drawn by short straws

Update - DCFC smash most captains in one season record.

Previous record was held by Captain Kidd and the Pirates First Eleven.

(Not a popular post as it was the plank for you if you were poor at it)

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

If did use the word "if".

too subtle?

If I had been replying to you specifically, I would have quoted you for context. It was just a general 'Calm down, calm down' (without scousers).

Please all refer back to SDSR's post on this'd subject has his itk posts are well known to be very much on the money.

Once you have read it let's let the subject drop unless SDSR,Mackworth or Bris have anything new to add to it.

It is getting close to the window closing so there will be all sorts of deals  being rumoured and done it silly season.

Heard Warnock on Talk sport about six this morning saying it makes him laugh where these rumours come from most are just made up to fill inches in the paper.But if you throw enough around you will get one right then claim you are the oracle...see Nixon.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

If I had been replying to you specifically, I would have quoted you for context. It was just a general 'Calm down, calm down' (without scousers).

Fair do's

i'm typing away because i'm ill in bed and i've got nothing else to do.

hopefully that explains my increased activity.

6 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Please all refer back to SDSR's post on this'd subject has his itk posts are well known to be very much on the money.

Once you have read it let's let the subject drop unless SDSR,Mackworth or Bris have anything new to add to it.

It is getting close to the window closing so there will be all sorts of deals  being rumoured and done it silly season.

Heard Warnock on Talk sport about six this morning saying it makes him laugh where these rumours come from most are just made up to fill inches in the paper.But if you throw enough around you will get one right then claim you are the oracle...see Nixon.

Nothing personal, but since when has Bris been ITK?

He last three predictions were all miles out.

Last 3 miles out?

The last one was Olsson, he said on Friday it had been agreed, he signed Tuesday.

He also told us weeks back that we were signing Lewis Walker from Ilkeston.

He also said we were looking to sign Callum O'Dowd and barring any snags it would be done by he Friday, it turned out there was a snag as reported in national papers, he wanted too much money.

I also remember the day we signed Johnson, he was the first on here to confirm it was happening.

He won't get everything right, we can't sign everyone, but he is certainly more informed than likes of you or me.

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Fair do's

i'm typing away because i'm ill in bed and i've got nothing else to do.

hopefully that explains my increased activity.

Whisky - for medicinal purposes of course, will soon have you up and abooooot again.

Archived