Derby v Burnley

Chris Mills

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was proven 100% not a dive - didnt he actually tread on his foot - ref blew up we scored martin sent off...talk about a negative swing !!!!

It was a bit soft to be fair but if I recall correctly the controversy was over the fact he didn't really appeal for it, and we just wanted to play on if no pen was going to be given.

Carson 5 - Didn't read thre potential for deflection on that shot , this is what happens when you swap keepers

Christie 9 - Always running forwards with the ball and it was Keogh who didn't close down the left wingers shot in time

Forsyth 3 - Not good passing, only things we did well was defend, tackle, win headers, make loads of runs and put crosses in 

Keogh 9 - superb performance, though i'd have only given it a 6 last year

Shackell 9 - Didn't play as well as Keogh but will give him the same mark because i still think he better than Keogh

Thorne 5 - Kept possession well and set up our goal but didn't run around enough and he had a 2 week rest !!

Butterfield 5 - Unlucky with the 30 yarder that hit the post and pssed brilliantly but no crunching tackles. Another Gladys 

Johnson 8 - Gave the ball away a lot but i loved the tackle that got him booked. Old Skool

Ince 2 - Other than beating his man and  scoring, didn't do anything and I didn't like his dad   

Martin 4 - Keeps falling over the big poof, stand up man and beat that 6'4" bloke in the air

Russell 8 - Ran all day, unlucky not to have an attempt at goal

I'm busy on Tuesday so got my report and ratings in now.

Carson 5 - Didn't read thre potential for deflection on that shot , this is what happens when you swap keepers

Christie 9 - Always running forwards with the ball and it was Keogh who didn't close down the left wingers shot in time

Forsyth 3 - Not good passing, only things we did well was defend, tackle, win headers, make loads of runs and put crosses in 

Keogh 9 - superb performance, though i'd have only given it a 6 last year

Shackell 9 - Didn't play as well as Keogh but will give him the same mark because i still think he better than Keogh

Thorne 5 - Kept possession well and set up our goal but didn't run around enough and he had a 2 week rest !!

Butterfield 5 - Unlucky with the 30 yarder that hit the post and pssed brilliantly but no crunching tackles. Another Gladys 

Johnson 8 - Gave the ball away a lot but i loved the tackle that got him booked. Old Skool

Ince 2 - Other than beating his man and  scoring, didn't do anything and I didn't like his dad   

Martin 4 - Keeps falling over the big poof, stand up man and beat that 6'4" bloke in the air

Russell 8 - Ran all day, unlucky not to have an attempt at goal

I'm busy on Tuesday so got my report and ratings in now.

Would. Personally consider anything other thAn a win a disappointment ,considering we have won the last two games away from home and the team should be improving game by game it's time for us to see a good overall performance ,playing fluent offensive football and making a statement of intent in front of home fans and probably a serious promotion rival that we are here to do business COYR.

1-1?

in 8 games we've only scored more than one goal once......v preston away.

Yet the defence looks reasonably solid.

we seem to be playing a slow possession based game. 

I counted 13 passes in one move v reading and yet we barely entered their half.

wake me up for the second half somebody.

1-1?

in 8 games we've only scored more than one goal once......v preston away.

Yet the defence looks reasonably solid.

we seem to be playing a slow possession based game. 

I counted 13 passes in one move v reading and yet we barely entered their half.

wake me up for the second half somebody.

I would agree that we need to play with more tempo to be a genuine threat. We seem very passive and then have to go for it when we're goal down. Although, every time we've scored first (!) we've gone on to win...maybe Clements set up is coming through now? Another massive test on Monday though.

Archived