Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, so why try and create theories, why has McClaren got to be the bad guy, why are people happy to see him fail. Because he's at the club now that he turned down in January? he would be an absolute fool not to have taken the job after he was sacked. Why are people saying he left us, he didn't we sacked him?

If he wanted out it would make no sense to sack him and have to pay compo, it would make no sense not to allow Newcastle permission to speak to him and us take the compo. Oh because Mel is loaded money doesn't matter to us, Newcastle were skint and couldn't afford the compo people were saying yet they goo and spend £50m in the summer.

Even the DET reported it was understood he didn't want to leave but 2+2=6 right.

I can feel another theory coming on in reply to this and that's great but it's all fairy tale stuff and I'm not one to hold grudges over made up fairy tales. Each to their own tho.

Again, this line is full of hidden assumptions: "Why are people saying he left us, he didn't we sacked him?" That's the issue I have with most comments. You've asked why I need to create theories, then you've immediately forced your own analysis on the situation. We don't know the circumstances, we don't know what happened, all we know is he was sacked. We don't know the terms, we don't know what was discussed, we know nothing beyond that. Anything beyond "he was sacked, he went to Newcastle" is forcing analysis onto it that is unbackable, and is hypocritical given what you've started the post with. 

It's basically like saying "I don't agree with you, so why don't you agree with me". It's meaningless. People who feel hurt by him, do so for understandable reasons. Even if you assume that McClaren was blindsided and sacked out of the blue, having turned Newcastle down for every and having decided to stay here for the rest of his days, people can still be annoyed by how he handled the speculation, rightly or wrongly. At the end of the day though, people will read into the sequence of events how they will, even though it's mostly assumptions. 

In this post you also continue to make huge sweeping assumptions and your own hypocritical theories. I've already previously stated one way I could have seen it happening, and you've not even approached any of that in there. Instead you've gone for some poor strawmen, then ignored the lot and filled it with your own fanfic theories. 

You can't have it both ways, you can't be against sweeping assumptions and theories being mentioned, then go on to make up and post your own. Either keep writing your own fanfic or stick to the fact that he was sacked, and that we know nothing of what happened or the terms of it. 

Anyone else actually read this with an Australian accent In Their head or just me?

There are actually multiple Australia accents, and mine is quite atypical. 

Had to look fanfic up.

That's probably not the best idea. It was basically a silly way of implying that we're essentially taking what little we know, and going wild on it to the point that it's connection with the original information is arguably tenuous at best. 

Again, this line is full of hidden assumptions: "Why are people saying he left us, he didn't we sacked him?" That's the issue I have with most comments. You've asked why I need to create theories, then you've immediately forced your own analysis on the situation.

What assumptions, hidden or otherwise, have been made in the quoted statement?

I have honestly never seen a Fosters in Australia. It seems to be some weird foreign marketing thing, but it's not something you see here. 

By your logic Hitler didn't lose World War Two. You're either repeating a meaningless statement that has nothing to do with anything, or you're the one trying to do some spin work. McClaren has left, it is irrelevant at this point how it happened, because we don't know what happened behind the scenes, and we certainly don't know if he'd still be here now. 

Losing the thread of this now, I actually find it very interesting to see all this theories, but it's all going too abstract and confusing for me to follow. I previously always thought he was a bit in love with himself but then he came and did an amazing job, find it hard anyone would argue until Jan he did anything but an awesome job. All went a bit off at the end, partly injuries, possibly partly bit of player unrest, partly the limits of his skills were reached...so was probably in everyone's favour he left. He went to a bigger club, with more fans, bigger profile.. Can't blame him. Personally hope we play him next year....NOT in the championship!

Derby County ENDED Steve McClaren's contract. They terminated his employment. They removed him from the position he held, therefore, he WAS SACKED.

This is not a theory, regardless of the reasons and circumstances. He was sacked.

Let me get this right, are you saying Hitler lost World War 2?

Derby County ENDED Steve McClaren's contract. They terminated his employment. They removed him from the position he held, therefore, he WAS SACKED.

This is not a theory, regardless of the reasons and circumstances. He was sacked.

Which is not the point being debated...

I also don't believe that the rumours leaving hurt our forum. As Mac said the form started dipping well after the rumours emerged, it largely correlated with the massive injury crisis that happened. I would like to see how many teams would be able to cope with losing all there left side CBs, all there CDMs, both strikers and various other players. 

Personally I don't have any problems with Mac and didn't think he should have been sacked, but I'd rather not have this argument as I'm going to bed.

Maclaren got us to the Play Off final. We lost that,it is history. I remember him for the fantastic football that we played. Managers do not last long at a Club. Shirt happens. Onwards and upwards but probably slowly.

Archived