Portsmouth v Derby County

i-Ram

Poor tactics but still, barely any of the players looked like they gave a f**k. They had to wait for Ince and Martin to come on and hold their hand before they manned up and took the game to Pompey. We definitely need 2 new centre mids, preferably 1 holding and 1 who can create something

I don't think it's lack of desire/commitment etc from the players, they just like they don't know what they are supposed to be doing.  Midfielders are picking the ball up and having no one to pass to, forwards are getting the ball smashed at their heads and then having to beat 3 men to do anything.  

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin and Bent not on their game .

Even if they were on top form none of them can help if we pass really slowly sideways and backwards and then kick it really long and far.

I don't know if we think we've been switched to Serie A but you will not get the time and respect on the ball against British players. 

We have always valued athleticism and pace here. Too much imo and we've suffered in other areas. But you won't get time on the ball like that. You either have to play fast or long. We played long and we don't have the team for it. 

I don't think it's lack of desire/commitment etc from the players, they just like they don't know what they are supposed to be doing.  Midfielders are picking the ball up and having no one to pass to, forwards are getting the ball smashed at their heads and then having to beat 3 men to do anything.  

I thought the players showed a lack of desire to want the ball, they'd let Shackell/Pearce/Forsyth/Grant collect it and then all move away from them leaving them with only one option which was to hoof it up the pitch

Even if they were on top form none of them can help if we pass really slowly sideways and backwards and then kick it really long and far.

I don't know if we think we've been switched to Serie A but you will not get the time and respect on the ball against British players. 

We have always valued athleticism and pace here. Too much imo and we've suffered in other areas. But you won't get time on the ball like that. You either have to play fast or long. We played long and we don't have the team for it. 

I honestly think Clement needs time Alpha. 

What are people saying that's wrong? We lost to relegation candidates Bolton and now to a 2nd string Pompey side. We had something like 3 shots on target combined from both games, Grant still looks as error prone as last season, we've suddenly started playing hoofball and we look reliant on Ince/Martin/Thorne. Are we not allowed to be concerned? 

We didn't lose to Bolton.

I tell you what, this season is a lot more fun when we're not actually playing. When we can drool over our amazing squad and laugh at everyone else doing crap. When the actually football starts its not as much fun. 

I'll just get back to laughing at Forest tomorrow, and maybe joining in the quiz, and try to forget this ever happened. 

Archived