Portsmouth v Derby County

i-Ram

Wednesday 12 August 2015 - kick off 7.45 pm - at Fratton Park (or any venue of your choosing where there are Sky facilities).

No negative comments please before 9.30 pm on the day. Those still a tad down regarding our draw against Bolton can find numerous other threads to share your despair.

Interesting fact:  Pompey are the only team to ever have held the FA Cup for seven years consecutively, until the mighty Rams swept away with the trophy in 1946. Eddie didn't go; half fan.

COYR!!!

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another run out of the 4-2-3-1 that we saw against Burton, mainly because we're a bit short on centre mids.

As for who will play, difficult to say. The team selection yesterday caught me off guard and it could be another surprise next week. Clement might just play the kids, he might play a full strength team. Safe to say there will be some rotation, beginning of the season and players are fully fit yet.

Grant
                Isak Pearce Shackell Forsyth
                               Thorne
                        Hanson Hendrick
          Ince                                         Weimann
                                Bent

Possibly could go with Hanson and Thorne sitting with Hendrick behind striker, might suit Bent better. Or better still, give Dawkins a start behind striker.

I would defo like to see Hanson given a game. With Hughes and Bryson out he has a real chance to show if he has something and cup is an excellent showcase. 

wife on holiday with sister so my formation is :

shift Sofa to midfield 

bring in home made gourmet Pizza on the left , beer on the right 

footy mad Nephew in on loan 

Dog playing off the back of Rug with Bone in supporting role

(Vino and Rosso on the bench ) 

going to to be a good night

COYR 

I would defo like to see Hanson given a game. With Hughes and Bryson out he has a real chance to show if he has something and cup is an excellent showcase. 

wife on holiday with sister so my formation is :

shift Sofa to midfield 

bring in home made gourmet Pizza on the left , beer on the right 

footy mad Nephew in on loan 

Dog playing off the back of Rug with Bone in supporting role

(Vino and Rosso on the bench ) 

going to to be a good night

COYR 

In all your excitement, and drink fuelled haze, please keep the bone away from the nephew Jono.

Even if I am going, I hope Thorne doesn't play Wednesday. No need to rush that lad at the minute. Big step a full 90 minutes in a competitive game yesterday.  We have, I think, plenty enough surely up-front to get past Pompey without Will, Craig or George. I bloody hope so anyway.

Nephew, who, poor lad, comes from Luton is a Hatter season ticket holder but has had 20 years of DCFC games when visiting is already planning our away day at Forrest .. Starting with Beers at Hooters. I resolutely try to keep to my 3 units a day  and try to avoid being tagged as if I am a lightweight and potential old fogie. ( both are true ! )

oh yes .. And 

Washing, Pots and Hangover aren't even in the squad 

Grant

Christie  Shotton  Pearce  Forsyth

Thorne

Hanson       Hendrick

Dawkins

Weimann       Bent

Would like to see,

Grant

Christie   Pearce   Shackell   Fosythe

Thorne    Dawkins