Portsmouth v Derby County

i-Ram

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree.

I actually thought Dawkins looked alright, one of the only players who seemed to want to play football in the first half.

However, when you see Thorne and Ince come on, and immediately start moving into space, demanding the ball, and trying to make things happen, it makes you wonder why Hendrick, Baird, Dawkins, Russell, Weimann aren't doing the same.

No movement on the ball. No closing down off the ball. What's happened??

sewankambo did ok too I thought. The overall performance wasn't great agreed but if Granty hadn't given them the lead we would have come out of this ok I think. :whistle:

Well many things wrong .. Hoofball from the back, lack of width in midfield, and complete passengers like bent up front. The only positive is seeing george Thorne looking good when he came on. But we really miss hughes in midfield, Keogh at the back, and anyone who can play wide . 

Shackell was solid and got the goal. Just needs a reliable GK behind him.  I would not be shocked if PC got rid of Grant now. His last two games in goal and he has ****** up. 7cambo had a good game. Got caught out of position a few times, but certainly has shown why he should be considered above Christie and Shotton in the pecking order for RB. Just needs more experience and also develop his attacking play a little. He seemed like he had no idea what he should be doing when he was deep into their half. 

Poor tactics but still, barely any of the players looked like they gave a f**k. They had to wait for Ince and Martin to come on and hold their hand before they manned up and took the game to Pompey. We definitely need 2 new centre mids, preferably 1 holding and 1 who can create something

Have to agree.

I actually thought Dawkins looked alright, one of the only players who seemed to want to play football in the first half.

However, when you see Thorne and Ince come on, and immediately start moving into space, demanding the ball, and trying to make things happen, it makes you wonder why Hendrick, Baird, Dawkins, Russell, Weimann aren't doing the same.

No movement on the ball. No closing down off the ball. What's happened??

Dawkins alright he s***e I want to know where the Dawkins is who we had on loan walking past players 

Bent's lazy as ****. Makes me so frustrated that a professional footballer gets paid so much but can't be bothered to move around . I know that's his style and he has always been like that but still, it annoys me a lot

To be fair you can't blame Bent when we play HOOF ball. He can't do much when the service was as shocking as that. 

There wasire chance of a virgin airline pilot getting on the end of some of those HOOFS being played at him. 

Will you listen to yourselves?

What are people saying that's wrong? We drew to relegation candidates Bolton and now to a 2nd string Pompey side. We had something like 3 shots on target combined from both games, Grant still looks as error prone as last season, we've suddenly started playing hoofball and we look reliant on Ince/Martin/Thorne. Are we not allowed to be concerned? 

Hendrick was beyond appalling, where was the desire to close down the man who crossed it in for their winner.

We only looked half decent when Thorne came on and bossed he midfield. Baird doesn't have the creativity to play in the middle without Thorne.

That will certainly force our hands in the transfer market for a midfielder 

Well we're out of the league cup in the first round again. Oh well. Fairly underwhelming start to the season but I'm not panicking yet. Think Grant's well and truly lost his shirt unless Carson screws up, No-one was shooting until the last 5 minutes, trying to walk through a parked bus. Hendrick, Pearce and Forsyth all meh. Bent isolated (or poor, hard to say which). Hendrick worries me, with our injuries to be honest. 

Archived