Portsmouth v Derby County

i-Ram

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't beat Charlton and here come Boro!!!

WOEFUL, DREARY, RUBBISH!

Pressure on Clement big time

Are you insane?

He's been head coach for two games. Don't you think you ought to at least give him a month before you sack him?

No. Thorne has showed why Dawkins and Baird both do not belong in the middle of the pitch. 

Have to agree.

I actually thought Dawkins looked alright, one of the only players who seemed to want to play football in the first half.

However, when you see Thorne and Ince come on, and immediately start moving into space, demanding the ball, and trying to make things happen, it makes you wonder why Hendrick, Baird, Dawkins, Russell, Weimann aren't doing the same.

No movement on the ball. No closing down off the ball. What's happened??

I'll be very surprised if we beat charlton. Clement has made a rash of mistakes already. Poor selection on a number of accounts tonight. Playing Bryson when he'd been struggling with injury on Saturday. He needs to learn quickly. 

Don't blame the selection. We have two key injuries and this is a cup game less than 72 hours before our next match. He would have been an idiot to select the side that are to start on Saturday. But it was still a pathetic display. Defense was actually quite solid. Grant may as well be thrown in the bin now. We were not direct up top and lacked penetration which stemmed from a pointless midfield. The tempo was also crap. Thorne and Hanson Saturday for me. God I miss Will already. 

PistoldPete2

Well many things wrong .. Hoofball from the back, lack of width in midfield, and complete passengers like bent up front. The only positive is seeing george Thorne looking good when he came on. But we really miss hughes in midfield, Keogh at the back, and anyone who can play wide . 

Ok, a stuttering start to the season, but all the doom and gloom, really!!!!

We've lost to lower league teams 4 of previous 6 seasons before tonight so it's not a major shock!

Hopefully this is the wakeup call for both fans and players after all the hype pre season.

poor tactically ,very disappointing PC showing nievety in selections/ tactics .Had closed season to get his act together so expected better than this .Vast improvements needed not sure if I am more disappointed about conceding two against Pompey or Shackel being the only player to have an attempt on target and score.

Have to agree.

I actually thought Dawkins looked alright, one of the only players who seemed to want to play football in the first half.

However, when you see Thorne and Ince come on, and immediately start moving into space, demanding the ball, and trying to make things happen, it makes you wonder why Hendrick, Baird, Dawkins, Russell, Weimann aren't doing the same.

No movement on the ball. No closing down off the ball. What's happened??

Dawkins is useless in there n will never be a midfielder , Thorne is just pure class and showed that tonight when he came on , Weimann n bent I will say very little 

The sooner this so called 'diamond' formation gets dropped the better. Carson to start in goal for the rest of the season. Thorne and shackell need to play every minute. Plus we need a replacement for Hughes. That's about all I got from that game

Anyway move on. Teams don't get promoted by going on a cup run.

Who said sack, you did

Why else, in modern OTT football parlance, would he be under pressure? Is he going to be the new singer for Queen?

Archived