Portsmouth v Derby County

i-Ram

What a bunch of big babies we have on here. 

More fuss than my 4-year-old. 

Let's just crucify the new manager and be done with it. 

After all one league game and one league cup game is definitely enough to judge. 

Clement needs time I agree. 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are people saying that's wrong? We lost to relegation candidates Bolton and now to a 2nd string Pompey side. We had something like 3 shots on target combined from both games, Grant still looks as error prone as last season, we've suddenly started playing hoofball and we look reliant on Ince/Martin/Thorne. Are we not allowed to be concerned? 

Bolton are relegation candidates after one game? Like Brentford last season?

Bloody hell  

Oh and we didn't lose to Bolton  

Grant - 3 - just what the ****..

Ssewankbo - 6

Pearce - 5

Shackell - 8 

Forsyth - 5

Hendrick - not sure I can rate him at all. 2 

Baird - 5

Dawkins - 6

Weimann - 5

Russell - 7

Bent - 3

Thorne immense when he came on. Ince and Martin made no impact

I thought weimann should be a 2 as well, does he know you have to defend, he made Ben Davies look like the best attacking right back in the world. 

Hendrick was beyond appalling, where was the desire to close down the man who crossed it in for their winner.

We only looked half decent when Thorne came on and bossed he midfield. Baird doesn't have the creativity to play in the middle without Thorne.

That will certainly force our hands in the transfer market for a midfielder 

enter Joey Barton stage left. Thorne & Barton CM problem solved IMO.

Now we move on to Saturday and Charlton. 

The Boys need us all behind them on Saturday now more than ever, let's be the 12th & 13th man. 

After all one league game and one league cup game is definitely enough to judge. 

Has anyone said we should sack him? (Genuine question, I haven't read all the way back)

Grant - 3 - just what the ****..

Ssewankbo - 6

Pearce - 5

Shackell - 8 

Forsyth - 5

Hendrick - not sure I can rate him at all. 2 

Baird - 5

Dawkins - 6

Weimann - 5

Russell - 7

Bent - 3

Thorne immense when he came on. Ince and Martin made no impact

how can you rate bent higher than Hendrick?  At least Hendrick showed some desire ! Bent was awful ! 

Sure it's early days and with new players ,new manager introduction of new playing formations I agree to a certain extent ,however had all closed season to implement new systems and it's not just about the results at this moment in time ,it's what we are having to watch on the pitch ,dis jointed unattractive football ,not playing to our strengths ,no or very few attempts on target ,poor individual performances ,when players should be fresh and keen to compete for first team places,tonight for most of the game it was dismal  and you can't expect anyone to show any praise for the woeful performance tonight 

The big problem for me is that we're heading into the season with one defensive midfielder. Thorne is excellent and should start every game he's able to, but we have no one to back him up.

So Hendrick is ineffectual as a deep lying midfielder. Tell us something we hadn't all already established 12 months ago. Baird was just as bad in that position tonight. I maintain that he is a defender who can play midfield in a pinch. I like Baird and I'm quite happy for him to be the starting right back, but he's not a midfielder and he's certainly not capable of replacing the contributions of Eustace/Mascarell.

Barton can still get ****ed though. Get Leon Britton in.

Bolton are relegation candidates after one game? Like Brentford last season?

Bloody hell  

Oh and we didn't lose to Bolton  

Yeah I realised my mistake and edited it.

Even if they were promotion candidates I'd still be annoyed about our performance against them. If you don't like people sharing their concerns and 'being negative' I'd suggest not looking at match day threads when we've just lost to a 2nd string League 2 side with a team that included Weimann, Russell, Hendrick, Shackell etc. while only managing 1 shot on target

Haven't got time to read any posts but my observations.....

better team shape

goalkeeping error made it difficult for ourselves

definate peno not given

the removal of the right back seemed to catch us out for their second goal.

when we were brave enough to attack we looked better though there was some negative passing from baird and hendrick

altho we lost i'm not fussed. Defeat might do us some good. Wakey wakey.

Archived