Ashamed to be a Rams fan

no, as there's more people in the stand when it's safe standing.

cup games have to be all seater I think, so you get a seat then.

ah..I thought with safe standing everyone had a flip up seat anyway but the same amount of people were let in, to prevent overcrowding?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more money driven and entertainment focus of the game these days has changed the audience. People these days want instant entertainment. I don't agree with it but that's the way it is.

I'd say its lack of discipline whether at home or school.

I started going to away matches in the 80's. I could fill the next 5 pages with tales of incidents far,far worst than one idiot in a red cap mouthing off. We took 3,600 to the Macron, I went to Burnden Park in the 80's ( Bolton's old ground for those that don't know) and had bottles thrown at us as we walked from the station to the ground. Nobody really cared, that was common for those days. Lets not believe we now live in a sterile world where everything should be pure and innocent. Believe me, modern football is so safe that we have a 5 page thread about one idiot out of 3,600 swearing and gesturing, we should rejoice really !!

The more money driven and entertainment focus of the game these days has changed the audience. People these days want instant entertainment. I don't agree with it but that's the way it is.

I'd say its lack of discipline whether at home or school.

I wouldn't say it's a new thing, I'm 39 and for the most part the crap I hear spouted at away matches comes from people my age or older.

In many ways, when a young un kicks off I understand it more, they're still finding their way in the world and use bravado to establish their masculinity with their mates.

I wouldn't say it's a new thing, I'm 39 and for the most part the crap I hear spouted at away matches comes from people my age or older.

In many ways, when a young un kicks off I understand it more, they're still finding their way in the world and use bravado to establish their masculinity with their mates.

Good points.

I'm a bit tolerant towards young un's getting excited at football and it rarely bothers me if there's bad language and some gesticulating toward opposition fans. Spending my formative years on the Popside i suppose i was one of those nobbheads mesen 40 years ago.

The older ones who should know better are a bigger problem imo.

In front of my mum, yeah. She's a grown woman. And in fact I have used the word in front of my mother and I don't think she's bothered. She's heard it before so why would she care? At a birthday party? No, because the only thing wrong with swearing is the uninventive vocabulary it encourages. My nieces are all intelligent and I should hope they can think of a better word to use.

If not, **** it.

That probably just shows your lack of respect for your mother; sure she would still love you though despite that. :-)

That probably just shows your lack of respect for your mother; sure she would still love you though despite that. :-)

Laughed at that mate. (Soz, lol'd at that.......):p

I'm 55 years old, a shift manager responsible for over 200 people at work, been going to football for 45 years, once held the record for the most sendings off in one season in the Uttoxeter & District Sunday League, but would never, even to this day, swear in front of me mam.

Laughed at that mate. (Soz, lol'd at that.......):p

I'm 55 years old, a shift manager responsible for over 200 people at work, been going to football for 45 years, once held the record for the most sendings off in one season in the Uttoxeter & District Sunday League, but would never, even to this day, swear in front of me mam.

Same here, it is one of life's boundaries that you shouldn't cross (in my opinion). I am happy to swear with the best of 'em but time and a place and all that.

She's sworn at me countless times before, we both realise it's just words. I've not called her a **** have I? Just used the word in front of her...

She's sworn at me countless times before, we both realise it's just words. I've not called her a **** have I? Just used the word in front of her...

Well you must have been a very naughty boy then to reduce your poor old mum to swearing at you. You should take her a nice bunch of flowers and apologise for your previous behaviour. Tut tut!!

1) it would be nice if DCFC could have staff in place at away games to identify such culprits, and therefore ban them for future games. I'm pretty sure that the seat number against customer number are noted down. (Has to be in case a duplicat ticket is required)

2) Why don't some people post pictures are here just to oust the said worst offenders.

i don't like like the excuse that this is culture these days (but agree that it is) but also nothing wrong with the desire and wish to to be able to go to an away game and 1) Feel safe 2) feel like you could take your kids with you and 3) feel proud to be with the other fans you are with.

Well you must have been a very naughty boy then to reduce your poor old mum to swearing at you. You should take her a nice bunch of flowers and apologise for your previous behaviour. Tut tut!!

Yes, as a kid I was a bit of a...well yeah that...

We were sat on the balcony at the Mayfield pub on the Piccadilli station concourse,after the match .When a scuffle started below a bunch of mini hooligans in ball caps were squaring up to a maure fan who had just been fighting with some one else.The leader wore a red cap he was up for a fight even though the red dog was twice his size.

Fighting in a public place with cctv witnesses etc

He wont last long

"Don't judge a book by it's cover" and all that, spring to mind here, in this thread.

So I'll throw in a Bernard Manning gag in for good measure, a man that was judged to be of a certain type in the media and by many in the general public.

Here's the gag "A man in a pub split the room in half, he turned to one half of the room and he said, you lot over there are a load of b@stards, and you lot over there are a load of c##ts, another man stood up and said I'm not a b@stard, 1st man said, well get over there with the c##nts!

70's, 80's & 90's were great times coz the world wasn't full of social media nerds that felt the need to spend most of the day analysing every human and everything in the world on a poxy phone or computer made by Apple and the like, which at times makes some feel skint,angry, and feeling the need to wear a red cap (clearly a gump) whilst watching Derby.

Right who fancies a breakfast pie and a pint, nearly 9am!

One away game I was at, a youngster behind me obviously enjoyed joining in with the chanting and singing. He'd been taught to substitute 'rude word' for any swear words so he was happily chanting 'if you don't rude word bounce you're a red'! Thought that was a great idea!

Like 'swarm'. 

and the latest one is "marauding" "" the world, no sorry the UK has gone mad !! we are so restricted from voicing an opinion !!

I do however feel that there is no reason at a football match for shouting out the "CLINT" word, in the pub with your mates is fine but at a match surrounded by strangers many of who are women and kids its not, it shows a real lack of class and lack of respect for those around you, many of us seem to have forgotten about respect !,

I sit in the west stand with my old man and my 5 year old son, on the rare occasions that profanities are used out of context in our library of a stand I normally point out to the offender that my boy welcomes the views of those around him but I, as his dad do not swear in front of him and I would request that neither do they and we take it from there,

another personal irritation is the "if you don't flicking bounce youre a red" song, it just sounds so lacking in any sort of intelligence !

Archived