Ashamed to be a Rams fan

Having looked forward to going yesterday for some time i arrive home with a bitter taste in my mouth. Nothing to do with the match but it was the overall behaviour of the away support that has left me questioning whether i go away from PP any time soon. In short:

I'm no prude and can cuss with best of them but the use of the C word is commonplace. No sweeping statement but limited vocab = low intelligence.

Behaviour of young boys in burberry in particular a pr1ck with a red cap outside of the Beehive post match. Vermin.

Agressive behaviour in general of many who i am sure were spoiling for a fight

From a support perspective i couldnt believe the moaning and on day 1.

Not good.......................

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having looked forward to going yesterday for some time i arrive home with a bitter taste in my mouth. Nothing to do with the match but it was the overall behaviour of the away support that has left me questioning whether i go away from PP any time soon. In short:

I'm no prude and can cuss with best of them but the use of the C word is commonplace. No sweeping statement but limited vocab = low intelligence.

Behaviour of young boys in burberry in particular a pr1ck with a red cap outside of the Beehive post match. Vermin.

Agressive behaviour in general of many who i am sure were spoiling for a fight

From a support perspective i couldnt believe the moaning and on day 1.

Not good.......................

Old-Man-Yells-At-Cloud-the-simpsons-7414

Ashamed to be a Derby fan because of a select few? come on, at another game, in another seat at another pub and you could have had a great day out. All clubs has it's wally's, we're no different. 

The C word is used in everyday life with some of the younger ones that I have had the mispleasure of having sat behind me at various games.

they don't realise they're doing it or surely they wouldnt do it when there are children about. It's not worth saying anything to them because they're normally tanked up too and it's just not worth the aggro.

i try my best not to let them wind me up, because if you dwell on certain people's behaviour it can ruin your own day.

seems like this is the case here,

I must admit when I went to the Bournemouth game last season, I was embarressed every time our lot sang "**** ground, no fans". I was with the Bournemouth fans and up until that moment, we had some respect but lost it after that chant started.

The C word is used in everyday life with some of the younger ones that I have had the mispleasure of having sat behind me at various games.

they don't realise they're doing it or surely they wouldnt do it when there are children about. It's not worth saying anything to them because they're normally tanked up too and it's just not worth the aggro.

i try my best not to let them wind me up, because if you dwell on certain people's behaviour it can ruin your own day.

seems like this is the case here,

Coconut!

I've witnessed the behaviour of some away fans and to this day don't like them. Coventry are an example, I was abused by some teenage chavs there (and I'm a female much older than them). I gave back I must admit but I don't like them, which is probably unfair to the decent Coventry fans. 

The thing that makes me ashamed of derby fans is the way they feel that moaning and abusing our own players is part of their match day experience. I've had more matches ruined for me by moaners than by swearers. 

I've witnessed the behaviour of some away fans and to this day don't like them. Coventry are an example, I was abused by some teenage chavs there (and I'm a female much older than them). I gave back I must admit but I don't like them, which is probably unfair to the decent Coventry fans. 

The thing that makes me ashamed of derby fans is the way they feel that moaning and abusing our own players is part of their match day experience. I've had more matches ruined for me by moaners than by swearers. 

It seems like Derby fans seem to think it's only Derby fans that moan about their own team.

They sounded fantastic on Radio Derby  Almost drowned  the commentary till subdued by Will's injury.

Perhaps the Club could do something about lhe undesirable faction. The problem I had when travelling away was having to stand throughout .because  those around me did. As I got older the habit of general standing increased and my body got weaker !!  But the sense of 'us against the world' was so addictive......................... ...

It's not just the kids, there was a middle aged baldy trying to have a fight with a young lad in the middle of the East Stand just after half time against Villareal. It was all 'come over here you f*****g c***t and I'll knock your f******g head off.

Stood next to him was his mrs holding their three year old kid!

To the lad's credit he just laughed at him, but he was shouting for a good five minutes till everyone started telling him to sit down and shut up.

Archived