Ashamed to be a Rams fan

some lad had a bit of a bloody nose or eye when i went back to the beehive after the game. not sure how he got it. apart from that it didn't seem too bad outside after the game. i must have got tickets in the no swearing section because i didn't hear any c words.

i think next time i'm going to a different pub the beehive was far too busy and ran out of decent bitter before i could get a drink and it took about 30 mins to get served. hopefully we won't be back there next year.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They sounded fantastic on Radio Derby  Almost drowned  the commentary till subdued by Will's injury.

Perhaps the Club could do something about lhe undesirable faction. The problem I had when travelling away was having to stand throughout .because  those around me did. As I got older the habit of general standing increased and my body got weaker !!  But the sense of 'us against the world' was so addictive......................... ...

Not knocking the standers. it was that somehow my ticket number was always amongst them even if I travelled with others who were siting down !!   Think I had the most fun.......................sure of it. Can shout and gesticulate as well as anyone. -  nothing like letting it all hang out................................. memories   from the settee........................but I still shout.

That was what turned me on to live football. Standing on a grassy bank among Newcastle and Sheff. U.fans at Bramhall Lane.

.Listening to the banter.

Had a giggle on another thread where 235 was being explained to  show why a centre half is so called and what an inside l/r was and an outside l/r before the days of wingers., strikers and attacking midfielders.  The remnants of 'inners' is the phrase 'running the channels' either side of the centre forward... Will the pendulum ever swing back to that formation??    

It seems like Derby fans seem to think it's only Derby fans that moan about their own team.

our fans moan far more than previous ...in 80's and 90's is was support full stop during a game.

If you really let the select few get to you, (and even at home games if you think there are a lot of "moaners" I doubt they'd be more than 5%), there would be a mirror of this thread after every game on the forum of every club. Everyone has character flaws, we have just been so unlucky (and by unlucky, I mean, exactly the same amount of luck as everyone else) in that a minority of our fanbase have flaws which are projected onto our team/at opposing fans. 

If there are kids around then that's the time to speak up, which to be honest, fans usually do. If there aren't kids around then just do the British thing and glare daggers into the back of their head and judge them (or, if they're behind you, just simply judge them). 

Derby fans are better than most, don't be ashamed, be thankful.

our fans moan far more than previous ...in 80's and 90's is was support full stop during a game.

Some of that time there was only 15,000 of us.......

I saw the chap with the red cap get out of a taxi at the Beehive, he was tanked up with either lager, coke or both, tried to start a song off then just announced that he was on day release....I saw him again as we came out the stadium and he was in a group scuffling with a few police officers....he won't last long before he's banned.

As annoying as swearing and witnessing mindless behaviour must be to some, its really nothing compared to the antics of the 1970's.

Just ignore it and enjoy your days out following the mighty Rams.

Some of that time there was only 15,000 of us.......

I saw the chap with the red cap get out of a taxi at the Beehive, he was tanked up with either lager, coke or both, tried to start a song off then just announced that he was on day release....I saw him again as we came out the stadium and he was in a group scuffling with a few police officers....he won't last long before he's banned.

As annoying as swearing and witnessing mindless behaviour must be to some, its really nothing compared to the antics of the 1970's.

Just ignore it and enjoy your days out following the mighty Rams.

A darned sight lower than that, Utch, when we were in Division 3.

As for away support, I went to Newport away in 86, I think it was (not the New Years Day one, 1-1 Christie), and there might have been 50 of us if we were lucky.

This is another good argument for safe standing. In the old days, if you wanted to be with the noisy crowd you could and if you were easily offended by their colourful language or had young children, you could move away and get a quieter less restricted view for the little ones.

The C word is used in everyday life with some of the younger ones that I have had the mispleasure of having sat behind me at various games.

they don't realise they're doing it or surely they wouldnt do it when there are children about. It's not worth saying anything to them because they're normally tanked up too and it's just not worth the aggro.

i try my best not to let them wind me up, because if you dwell on certain people's behaviour it can ruin your own day.

seems like this is the case here,

Do people use the c word around you a lot then Boycie? ;) 

This is another good argument for safe standing. In the old days, if you wanted to be with the noisy crowd you could and if you were easily offended by their colourful language or had young children, you could move away and get a quieter less restricted view for the little ones.

Pretty sure you still have a designated seat with safe standing?

Archived