upcoming gigs

rezner

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Got a ticket for Wilco at Hammersmith in September. Probably my fave band at the moment so well excited. Anyone seen them live before?

Yes seen them live at the Glasgow Barrowlands. Top notch. They are playing there again on this tour, but it's a Thursday night I think, and I have far too many other gigs lined up, so will unfortunately give them a miss this time around.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Forgot to mention saw Scooter for the first time in Bratislava last weekend. 

Always wanted to see them, their 25 years wild and wicked tour is heart thumping if you like old style rave/house music, what a night is all I can say, had a bit of a headache next day mind.

Now, how do I get out of the missus wanting to see Yaers and Years in the summer ?

• 3 months later...

Oh! I saw Muse at the Etihad in June.  Great show, marred by some idiot in the stand next to me not being prepared to stand up now and again if people in front stood up.  Having a right argument, very distracting.

18 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I went to see Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever last night at The Crossing in Brum. Great small venue and wow they were good. You heard of them @Inverurie Ram. If you haven't I think you would love them.

They remind me of The War on Drugs, with clearer vocals.

Very good band.

3 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

They remind me of The War on Drugs, with clearer vocals.

Very good band.

Good shout. Brilliant live. 3 guitarists and a bass player all interchanging and moving around with 3 off them singing lead on different songs. Drummer was awesome too. Looked to be having the best time ever.

On 23 July 2019 at 23:38, ariotofmyown said:

I went to see Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever last night at The Crossing in Brum. Great small venue and wow they were good. You heard of them @Inverurie Ram. If you haven't I think you would love them.

I have now. Just checked them out on you tube, sound like a young popy version of the Go Betweens. Something pleasant to do the ironing too, I reckon.

3 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I have now. Just checked them out on you tube, sound like a young popy version of the Go Betweens. Something pleasant to do the ironing too, I reckon.

Too right, anything that is similar to the Go-betweens is gonna be great. Remind me a bit of Felt too.

On 24/07/2019 at 10:06, Mucker1884 said:

We're off to sit on a picnic blanket and watch "Dirty Dancing"  on an outdoor screen at Calke Abbey a week on Saturday... so that's very much like a gig, isn't it!  

Hope they don’t put Mucker in a corner ?

Should have been on this thread earlier! This week it was Public Service Broadcasting at the BBC Proms on Thursday and then Trevor Horn (and Lol Creme) at the Royal Festival Hall on Sunday. Both incredible but the Trevor Horn was really incredible. Someone posted the set list on twitter:

Matt is Matt Cardle who won X Factor. TCH is Trevor Horn. Roberto was Kalon Rae on The Voice. Lol is Lol Creme from 10 CC. Steve is Steve Hogarth who's lead singer of Marillion (since 1989 after Fish). The "girls" were great session vocalists. one was Izzy Chase. Danny is the guy who tours with Mark Knopfler and does vocals with him (I hate Dire Straits but you could appreciate the quality). Russ is Russ Ballard who wrote Rainbow's Since you Been Gone and Kiss's God Gave Rock and Roll to You. Incredible collection of talent.

Archived