Joey Barton

Sam_DCFC_1994

Joey Barton  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can I just say, I'm an engineer in the oil industry and I don't feel I'm ever given enough respect for the important work I do keeping this world dependent on the black gold.

It's not at all relevant to anything I post, but bear in mind I may bring it up the future as a defense when posts are criticised without you knowing of the vital contribution to the standard of life you all enjoy.

yes oil bear that in mind

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least he's never indulged in cannibalism, unlike Suarez.

I would never hold Joey Barton up as a roll model to anyone, but would I have him on our team,

you bet, has he changed, I doubt it, he probably would think a bit longer before some of the more

outrageous things.

When we played QPR in the one nil win, I thought he stood out as being a class above most on the pitch

that day, he certainly contolled the midfield. This was after extreme provocation from Chris Martin, who,

had him in a headlock at one of the corners (can't believe anyone's forgotten this) and I thought this was

only fair at the time!! - but can you imagine, he DIDN'T retaliate, and rest assured, that happens alot.

If he goes to Forest with all the midfield injuries we have, and lack of bite in the tackle we have, I will be very very disappointed. 

Nice teams don't get promoted, and we are far far too nice. Have been for years. We need a Seth Johnson. 

Set to sign for Forest. How does that work then? 10k a week my arse.

I foresee them being hauled up for "financial irregularities", points docked and their transfer embargo extended into the distant future. Seriously, they're not financially competent enough to cover any dodgy dealings up for long!

I would never hold Joey Barton up as a roll model to anyone, but would I have him on our team,

you bet, has he changed, I doubt it, he probably would think a bit longer before some of the more

outrageous things.

When we played QPR in the one nil win, I thought he stood out as being a class above most on the pitch

that day, he certainly contolled the midfield. This was after extreme provocation from Chris Martin, who,

had him in a headlock at one of the corners (can't believe anyone's forgotten this) and I thought this was

only fair at the time!! - but can you imagine, he DIDN'T retaliate, and rest assured, that happens alot.

He forearm smashed someone in that game.

Moral high ground or not Joey Barton on a free for 10k a week (if true) is brilliant business. Business WE should be doing.

A ~33 year old with his history is hardly great business no matter how little he's being paid. To be completely honest I wouldn't want him here even if he were paying the club for the privilege. 

Almost Bucko style perhaps.

As for Ramnut worrying about Chris Martin's eyelids, well I have heard it all now.

Get him in, and let's start winning some games.

We don't need him. We have Thorne, Hanson and Baird. We need someone to create chances. 

We don't need him. We have Thorne, Hanson and Baird. We need someone to create chances. 

We have therefore one great player one kick away from being out for a good while, one utility player who is best in the back four (but can do a job) and a 19 year old who has played 4 league games.  I have been saying for a long time we need a playmaker, but Barton is no slouch himself in terms of moving a ball around.  I hope I am not right Sage, but we lost out last year because of chronic CDM bad luck/bad planning, and we are now one injury away from a very unsatisfactory position.

We have therefore one great player one kick away from being out for a good while, one utility player who is best in the back four (but can do a job) and a 19 year old who has played 4 league games.  I have been saying for a long time we need a playmaker, but Barton is no slouch himself in terms of moving a ball around.  I hope I am not right Sage, but we lost out last year because of chronic CDM bad luck/bad planning, and we are now one injury away from a very unsatisfactory position.

We have had injuries. With our creative player(s). Therefore that is a priority. If you could sign one midfielder and you had a choice of a CDM or a creative one of similar ability, which one would you sign?

We have had injuries. With our creative player(s). Therefore that is a priority. If you could sign one midfielder and you had a choice of a CDM or a creative one of similar ability, which one would you sign?

I would sign a playmaker given our defence, BUT PC himself said he felt we needed two midfielders prior to last night and if those two were Barton and Butterfield I would be pleased. For the record I don't think the club are interested in Joey, but I think it "moral tish tosh" on here by many to discount Barton on his sins of the past. No angel I accept, but he is no killer, rapist, paedophile, etc.  

Everyone hated savage.............until he joined then he added that grit to the midfield

Everyone hated Savage to the point that him being dropped after relegation was almost universally celebrated, and his career with us was a good as over at that point. Nigel, against the wishes of many I might add, revived his career with us and he just about became useful to us. Many still hated him though. 

Barton and Savage however are completely incomparable, Savage didn't have the history Barton had, and is in truth probably his polar opposite in many ways. Savage wasn't "grit" in that way, he racked up yellow cards and wound up the opponent, but he only got one red card in his club career (2 yellows). Barton has had more assault charges than that. 

Archived