Joey Barton

Sam_DCFC_1994

Joey Barton  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The result Not unexpected , new coach , staff . , Pompey had the desire and determination for the win.

you can walk around a training field whistle in mouth , spend millions on players , but!!! Not sure about this.

I could coach Real Madrid ,  so could most of the rams faithful , hey Ronaldo score us a few , hey Ramos don't let them

score . Job done, 

Had a great party , now have to face my forest mate who I was taking the piss out of this morning

Barton would add more to the midfield , not as good as Dave Mackay , ( but who is ) animal on the pitch , gentleman 

off , are you all looking forward to next game ?

silence of the ram

If Barton's a gentleman off the pitch,  I would hate to meet the thugs of your acquaintance! 

Revel of the devil

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The result Not unexpected , new coach , staff . , Pompey had the desire and determination for the win.

you can walk around a training field whistle in mouth , spend millions on players , but!!! Not sure about this.

I could coach Real Madrid ,  so could most of the rams faithful , hey Ronaldo score us a few , hey Ramos don't let them

score . Job done, 

Had a great party , now have to face my forest mate who I was taking the piss out of this morning

Barton would add more to the midfield , not as good as Dave Mackay , ( but who is ) animal on the pitch , gentleman 

off , are you all looking forward to next game ?

silence of the ram

He'd be a good signing solid in midfield, gives everything for the team, vastly experienced in the premier league and championship, him and Thorne could be the best in the division and all this on a free, so personally I hope it happens.

Someone said Baird was a midfield tackler and ball winner. 

On his performance last night I beg to differ. 

His crosses from right back looked a bit floaty and lacking pace anorl.

Our midfield cannot function as a two without George at present. 

That analysis is spot on, George Thorne is vital to enable us to go forward and we need a bit of steel in there like we said last season. Love him or hate him Barton brings this because once again we got 'roughed' up last night AGAIN. The number of times Shackell was seen bawling COME ON to his team mates in the first half and nobody responded. We need a Shackell type in midfield and Barton is the man, there's no fee so that could help with the wages. Another worry for me is Chris Martin - he looks a shadow of the player he was 18 months ago. As for the Manager well he needs time because at the moment I'm not sure he has a plan A let alone a plan B, but I'm sure he'll get it right - otherwise he'll be crushed by Mel's candy :-)

Sorry to say again...anyone who wants this awful awful thug in our club, given his rap sheet both on and off the field, needs to get a grip. There are much more important things than football to me.

The guy actually stubbed a cigar out on a junior players eyelids... he actually brutally beat up another team mate in training...he beat a bloke up so badly in Liverpool that they sent him to prison... the list goes on and on... but over 100 people on this site dont care about that... football and success before decency and morals. 

Sorry to say again...anyone who wants this awful awful thug in our club, given his rap sheet both on and off the field, needs to get a grip. There are much more important things than football to me.

The guy actually stubbed a cigar out on a junior players eyelids... he actually brutally beat up another team mate in training...he beat a bloke up so badly in Liverpool that they sent him to prison... the list goes on and on... but over 100 people on this site dont care about that... football and success before decency and morals. 

They see him as a reformed character. I question why it took him so long and so many unseemly incidents to decide he needed to reform his character. People also believe he's an intellectual now because he's managed to bash out populist hits such as, "I don't like the monarchy" and "I don't think God is real" on a keyboard. It really is a joke.

Well said. I completely agree. Nasty piece of work - keep him away.  

I wouldn't care if we had Jack the Ripper playing for us if he helped us get promotion ! 

We can all take the moral high ground but who is running the club ? Not us and I'm hoping that Rush , Morris et al, have the balls to ignore those postulating on here and other social media outlets and go and get what our midfield is crying out for . 

Success at any cost ? Yes ! Otherwise we will still be in this bloody division in ten years time. 

is a fair argument Stockholm. But do you therefore believe that people who do those sort of things should never be able to work in any form of business again? Because society does have to do something with them, and if they are not allowed to earn a living, then what? Derby and football generally is a workplace.

The 'footballers are role models' argument is, for me, one of the nonsense mantras trotted out on such occasions. All areas of life and work have their good and bad. Are disc jockeys role models, doctors, politicians or lawyers? All those professions have their bad and their good, as does every sector including football. 

My view is that previous misdemeanours shouldn't mean that JB shouldn't play for us.  Whether he's worth it as a footballer should be a football decision not a social decision

i think we have a massive problem in midfield and if Barton can help then get him in.

We lack any bite and have lost our creative outlet and calming influence, what we'll see is hurried build up play with 0 guile - isolating our forwards.

Clement is in danger of persisting with a formation that we can't play effectively with the current personnel and must, almost certainly, bring people in to assist, we can but trust his judgment.  

I wouldn't care if we had Jack the Ripper playing for us if he helped us get promotion ! 

We can all take the moral high ground but who is running the club ? Not us and I'm hoping that Rush , Morris et al, have the balls to ignore those postulating on here and other social media outlets and go and get what our midfield is crying out for . 

Success at any cost ? Yes ! Otherwise we will still be in this bloody division in ten years time. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with the championship. If this club ever took the win at all costs approach you are suggesting I would find someone else to support.

Archived