Joey Barton

Sam_DCFC_1994

Joey Barton  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would sign a playmaker given our defence, BUT PC himself said he felt we needed two midfielders prior to last night and if those two were Barton and Butterfield I would be pleased. For the record I don't think the club are interested in Joey, but I think it "moral tish tosh" on here by many to discount Barton on his sins of the past. No angel I accept, but he is no killer, rapist, paedophile, etc.  

What's a few assaults between teammates eh? 

He offered nothing to the team and I disliked him even more after we signed him

to be fair that game we played QPR and he had Tarrabt, who at the time was slaughtering everything in his path tucked safely in his pocket from minute 1. That was pretty impressive, he did an absolute job on him.

to be fair that game we played QPR and he had Tarrabt, who at the time was slaughtering everything in his path tucked safely in his pocket from minute 1. That was pretty impressive, he did an absolute job on him.

Did an alright job between the sticks once as well. 

article-1257080-08AAAB96000005DC-953_468

A bit surprised by that reply Daveo. Suggests to me that even your "good" one eye might need a bit of treatment.

Nope, just think when Fawaz doesn't pay him there will likely be a more than a cigar in the eye.....probably should have removed the other 2 options tho as I was only referring to the killer bit. Might do that now actually just incase his lawyer is reading

You don't need to patronise me Albert. I'm fully familiar with the complexities of terminology.

Putting your hand on someone's shoulder is assault. Splashing them with a puddle in your car is assault. 

Sodium Chloride is a salt.

Sodium Chloride is a salt.

Salt is any ionic compound that is the result of a neutralisation reaction. Sodium Chloride is just a very common salt, and the most commonly used edible salt. Maybe we should list edible varieties. It's potentially still shorter than Barton's "incident" list. 

What's a few assaults between teammates eh? 

Yeah - goes on a lot, far more than is reported. If you get a close knit group of rich, but not overly intelligent, young men together there will be consequences - fighting, shagging of girlfriends, 'roasting' of groupies, taking money in card games, providing recreational substances, etc.  I am not demeaning his victims or condoning his violence, but you seem to think the thought of bringing Barton into the club is akin to introducing the Devil to 30 or so Angels. It would be no surprise to me if there were not one or two players in our dressing room already who are very happy not to have made the papers with some exploit or other over the years. And for 1 club times that up by 92.

Got a lot of work on today so I will leave it there - much more important things to do than defend Joey Barton that's for sure.

BARTON UNLIKELY TO HEAD FOR FOREST 

Joey Barton is unlikely to sign for Nottingham Forest, despite their interest, because of a disagreement over wages, according to Sky sources. 

Newspaper reports on Wednesday claimed that Barton, who is a free agent after being released by Queens Park Rangers this summer, was in talks over a move to the City Ground. 

But Sky sources understand Barton spoke to Reds boss Dougie Freedman much earlier this summer and told him the club could not afford his wage demands.

Yeah - goes on a lot, far more than is reported. If you get a close knit group of rich, but not overly intelligent, young men together there will be consequences - fighting, shagging of girlfriends, 'roasting' of groupies, taking money in card games, providing recreational substances, etc.  I am not demeaning his victims or condoning his violence, but you seem to think the thought of bringing Barton into the club is akin to introducing the Devil to 30 or so Angels. It would be no surprise to me if there were not one or two players in our dressing room already who are very happy not to have made the papers with some exploit or other over the years. And for 1 club times that up by 92.

Got a lot of work on today so I will leave it there - much more important things to do than defend Joey Barton that's for sure.

funnily enough Hendricks has been summoned to court for an altercation back in Ireland. Does that mean we must sell him?

funnily enough Hendricks has been summoned to court for an altercation back in Ireland. Does that mean we must sell him?

innocent until proven otherwise, its taken 2 years and originally he was released without charge.  if found guilty sell him.

innocent until proven otherwise, its taken 2 years and originally he was released without charge.  if found guilty sell him.

Seems a bit of a reaction. I'd wait to see what the facts of the case are, keeping in mind that there's no suggestion of similar offences, or other such incidents. 

Archived