Joey Barton

Sam_DCFC_1994

Joey Barton  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see he could do a great job for Derby  but he carries too much baggage and sets an awful example as a person with his attitude off and on the pitch,so its a big no for me.

Lets seek out a better alternative ,more worthy to pull on our great shirt.

Please Burnley sign him

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34077187

Joey Barton: Burnley confirm talks with ex-QPR midfielder

Burnley manager Sean Dyche has confirmed the Championship side have held talks with midfielder Joey Barton.

Premier League club West Ham were close to signing Barton after his release by Queens Park Rangers this summer.

The ex-Manchester City and Newcastle player, 32, had a spell on loan at Marseille during the 2012-13 season and earned his one England capin 2007.

"Joey is someone I've spoken to for eight weeks," Dyche told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"He's someone I know a bit about and always been respectful of what we do here.

"There are a lot of other suitors - the thing about Joey is what people sometimes forget because of other stuff is that he is a very good player.

"It is a possibility, that is what I'll say."

I think who ever he signs for he'll do a good job but I just don't want it to be us. 

Next time he plays against us though I may have to put a tenner on him being man of the match. 

Burnley aren't able to pay Barton's wages. They just can't compete with "big-spending" Derby and Middlesbrough getting in all these ex-Prem players on high wages and tempting other teams centre-backs with big-money contracts.

:ph34r:

So burnley have been talking to him for 8 weeks!

basically that shows he holding out until the deadline for the best offer, and will be unfit and would rather sit on his @rse.

Archived