Joey Barton

Sam_DCFC_1994

Joey Barton  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So burnley have been talking to him for 8 weeks!

basically that shows he holding out until the deadline for the best offer, and will be unfit and would rather sit on his @rse.

The deadline's irrelevant in this case. Clubs can sign free agents any time, as long as they haven't played for another team during the current transfer period - ie since last season.

Barton still not having a contract several weeks into the season means one of two things. He's either vastly overrated by the majority on here or he's asking for silly amounts of money.

It's probably his last contract, so he is holding out for the best deal.  Whoever gets him, imo, is getting a cracking deal.  A player of his calibre on a free, and even if he was payed 20k a week over 2 years, would only get a player for 2m, and on the crazy over inflated prices that are being banded about at the moment, is well worth a pop.

Yes, he comes with baggage, but that's why he is available, and in some ways he can take the attention and pressure of others.

Yes, he comes with baggage, but that's why he is available, and in some ways he can take the attention and pressure of others.

Here he is taking the pressure off his team mates earlier this year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3075717/Queens-Park-Rangers-midfielder-Joey-Barton-hits-two-bad-eggs-Premier-League-relegation-confirmed.html

"If you're a wrongun', you're a wrong'un"

Condemned by his own words.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3075717/Queens-Park-Rangers-midfielder-Joey-Barton-hits-two-bad-eggs-Premier-League-relegation-confirmed.html

I always wondered why Anon was called Anon ... He's my Granddad in disguise and back from the grave ! He Could spot a "wrong un" a mile off without his glasses 

Emphasising my point in a round about sort of way.  They had just got relegated and the talk was of the bad eggs rather than the poor performance of the players and the manager.  By blaming 2 players without naming then, he took the focus away, and even the manager got on the act by citing this as part of the reason they went down.

That's what it was in my mind anyway :-)

Emphasising my point in a round about sort of way.  They had just got relegated and the talk was of the bad eggs rather than the poor performance of the players and the manager.  By blaming 2 players without naming then, he took the focus away, and even the manager got on the act by citing this as part of the reason they went down.

That's what it was in my mind anyway :-)

In my opinion blaming two players without naming them casts suspicion over the entire squad. I'd also question if Barton, as captain, had spoken to these players earlier in the season. If yes and they didn't heed his advice, why not name them?

In my mind it was a transparent attempt to distance himself from blame associated with the relegation and score cheap points with fans.

He is a footballer and quite a good one but I can't say the same about him as a man, and as a team player I am even less sure. 

Bluntly I want our players back fit again soon as poss, and hanging my head out in the wind I think Jamie Hanson is going to be the revelation of the season if he gets game time. 

Officially signed for Burnley (who don't pay big wages.... Lol) 

Lock this thread please 

Just been on SSN .

Burnley going for it and the Monday night game at the IPRO will be tasty with Andre Gray and Joey Barton .

Championship clubs desperate for the Premier  League and TV money. 

He's a strange bird, Sean Dyche.

He waffles on grumpily in his sandpaper, badly-done-by tones, about clubs spending money like water, fronting a club that's gained about £80m-£100m or whatever from their little Prem adventure.

He pays £6.5 m for a relatively untried forward - a couple of ££million more than Derby's marquee signing - and then signs bad boy Barton for what will probably be the best wages paid in the Championship.

Prioritising Barton's signature shows that he's keen to battle and scrap to the top of the table. Don't expect stylish football!

Dyche can buy whoever is willing to move to Burnley, in terms of their comparative wealth, despite Dyche's hypocrisy - it will be interesting to see how their season pans out.

I'm glad we didn't go in for Barton, and also that the Trees rumoured interest came to nowt. They would have been more combative with a character like him in their flimsy squad.

It will be a battle at the iPro; hope the ref's a 'homer' for a change!

Archived