Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

i-Ram

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I want to know is did we name the Captain ? If not, isn't that going to happen very very soon ? When ? Let's go PC ... Who's it gonna be? 

As to the starting lineup - Martin Weimann ince Russell Hughes Thorne shacks (c) must all play - the rest is gravy but bAird and fozzy seem obvious fullback choices unless he employs Baird/GT as holding mids

Love the fact that we have so many options!!!! 

Derby to win 3-0 

Formation, pick any one of 442, 433, 4231. 

Players, actually, pick any of our first team squad and id be happy. It's been a long time since we've been blessed with such an abundance of quality. 

So excited for for the season ahead. 

Love the fact that we have so many options!!!! 

Derby to win 3-0 

Formation, pick any one of 442, 433, 4231. 

Players, actually, pick any of our first team squad and id be happy. It's been a long time since we've been blessed with such an abundance of quality. 

So excited for for the season ahead. 

Not since the TBE days.

Guys, 

If any of you are struggling with deciding on transport or whether you need to know where to park your cars 

Our School have a car park open from 12:30pm. 

St Josephs High School 

Bolton, Horwich BL6 6HW

5 - 10 minute walk to the ground

£4 per car. 

Cheers

Best of Luck Saturday 

Ryan (Liverpool Fan) 

Moved to correct thread.

Moved to correct thread.

I parked there a couple of seasons ago. It was fine. 10min walk. On way out don't take road past stadium but head towards Bolton on A673 then right onto Beaumont rd and meet m61 further down. Sorted.....

Genuine question.

Those that are favouring Ince/Weimann over Johnny: Are you picking them because you think they're better players or just that they're big summer signings who need to play to justify the fee and therefore are more likely to get the nod?

For the record. I think JR is the puppy's swingers. He was mustard the first half of last season and only injury stopped him from being main contender for player of the season.

i haven't seen any preseason but he's arguably been one of our better players?

Genuine question.

Those that are favouring Ince/Weimann over Johnny: Are you picking them because you think they're better players or just that they're big summer signings who need to play to justify the fee and therefore are more likely to get the nod?

For the record. I think JR is the puppy's swingers. He was mustard the first half of last season and only injury stopped him from being main contender for player of the season.

Based on pre-season JR to start but with PC seemingly planning to rotate then it's anyone's guess. Weimann off the bench. 

Genuine question.

no idea which one I would go for, PC had the advantage of seeing them everyday in training so will use that as well. Hopefully they will both relish the challenge if competing against each other. Also hopefully he will use both to keep them both fresh. 

Bolton 1 Derby 2 is my prediction. If Christie plays then 2 - 2

I would not be surprised if they score first as they will come at us like a ton of bricks. If we hold them for twenty minutes then we will pick them off. sooner or later if we have our shooting boots on.

I do believe that we will eventually become as difficult to beat as Chelsea in this league. We will neutralise their tactics and change formation to dominate and control the game, scoring goals when needed.

We have now got so many players capable of doing well in this league that we are going to have to do something pretty inept not to get promoted and that ineptness can only be giving stupid goals away.

Rampage ! Do you have to be so sensible ? you are dead right that is probably how it will go. Early goal from them .. Knocked confidence for a brief period, then skill will out and we get an equaliser just before half time .. PC sorts em out at half time then 10 minutes in we go in front and control the rest of the game with ease missing several chances

what we REALLY want is a goal from an Ince free kick in the first 10 minutes and then BW self destruct and we thump them 5-0 .. Headlines .. "Derby issue statement of premiership intent away at Bolton"  but it's never quite like that is it ?

Bolton 1 Derby 2 is my prediction. If Christie plays then 2 - 2

I would not be surprised if they score first as they will come at us like a ton of bricks. If we hold them for twenty minutes then we will pick them off. sooner or later if we have our shooting boots on.

I do believe that we will eventually become as difficult to beat as Chelsea in this league. We will neutralise their tactics and change formation to dominate and control the game, scoring goals when needed.

We have now got so many players capable of doing well in this league that we are going to have to do something pretty inept not to get promoted and that ineptness can only be giving stupid goals away.

You would hope with the introduction of baird and shackell at the back and a fit thorne, that stupid sloppy goals will be a lot less likely to be conceded as frequently as they were towards the end of last season. 

Rampage ! Do you have to be so sensible ? you are dead right that is probably how it will go. Early goal from them .. Knocked confidence for a brief period, then skill will out and we get an equaliser just before half time .. PC sorts em out at half time then 10 minutes in we go in front and control the rest of the game with ease missing several chances

what we REALLY want is a goal from an Ince free kick in the first 10 minutes and then BW self destruct and we thump them 5-0 .. Headlines .. "Derby issue statement of premiership intent away at Bolton"  but it's never quite like that is it ?

You are a fine chap Jono.You have the same hopes as me. 5 nill would be nice!

Think this may be an ideal game to use a more defensive 4231 system, sitting back soaking up the pressure and then picking them off and hitting them heard on the break.

I think a lot of fans may of writen off Boltons chances in this match but I feel they can't be underestimated. Neil Lennon is no mug and he will have his team well organised and ready for what we have to throw at them.

I'm predicting a 2-1 win, I expect us to create lots of chances of which to our frustration, we will miss more than we score because of early season rustiness.

I also think Weimann will score a goal on his competitive debut, one of many for him in a season in which I think he will flourish in a Derby shirt.

COYR.

Archived