Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

i-Ram

Saturday 8 August 2015 -15.00 @ Macron Stadium

Here we go then. Game 1 of 46 at the end of which we will be Champions. Bold prediction perhaps but if we have more share of luck on the fitness front this season, then I think we have the squad, the coach, and the fan base to make it all gel this season. Interesting fact: In 2003 some plastic half fan was allowed to post the first matchday thread on Arsenal Mania. Perhaps, just perhaps, come May 2016 every one will say I now know what the i in i-Ram stands for. He is truly Invincible.

COYR!!!!!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very much looking forward to getting the regular season going. I think overall it has been a good preseason for the Rams, and I am confident going into this one.

Very much important to get off to a good start, and I feel confident we will in this one. As for the formation we will use, I am just guessing a 4-2-3-1.

COYR!:D

I can't see any way at all that Ince, Weimann and Russell will start together.

I'm sure we'll see them finish together if we ever need a late goal!

PC has got real options and difficult choices but after working at Madrid i'm sure he'll handle it with ease.

Close the back door by cutting out repeating mistakes and it is difficult to imagine how we cannot score enough goals to win enough games to get a total of about 95 points. If the defensive problems cannot be solved then play offs in my opinion.

Has Ince done enough in pre-season for a starting berth? What about Bent? What about Martin for that matter? The easy decisions are not to involve Bucko or Bryson as we're spoilt for choice anyway. Then it gets tough. Has Grant shown enough to demonstrate last season's collapse in his own form is behind him?

I reckon the defence will be:

Carson

Baird  Keogh Shackell Warnock (harsh on Fozzie)

I think Clement will want to play Thorne, Hughes and Hendrick, so it's either 4-3-3 or our diamond 4-4-2.

That means picking 3 from Martin, Bent, Weimann, Ince, Russell, Dawkins. Whichever of those 3 are benched they'll be desperate to make an impact. I hope everyone appreciates it's a squad game and every second you're on the pitch you've got to make it count.

I'd play Carson, but I think he will go with Grant. From there id go Baird, Keogh, Shackel, Forsyth, Thorne, Hughes, Ince, Weimann, Russell, Martin. Think he may get Hendrick in there. Guess it's all dependent on which formation he rolls with. 

4-3-3

Grant, Baird, Pearce, Keogh, Forsyth, Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick, Weimann, Ince, Martin

Think Shackell and Bryson might not be risked due to fitness, and Russell benched as he's arguably the most natural player of the attacking lot able to play in either system withouth having to adjust.

Archived