Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

i-Ram

Opening day last season:               This season?

01 Grant                                          Grant
03 Forsyth                                       Forsyth
05 Buxton                                       Shackell
06 Keogh                                        Keogh
02 Christie                                       Baird
04 Bryson                                        Thorne
08 Hendrick                                     Hendrick
19 Hughes (Mascarell - 53' )           Hughes
11 Russell (Ward - 64' )                   Weimann
09 Martin                                         Martin 
07 Dawkins (Best - 79' )                  Ince

Substitutes

10 Ward                                           Russell
14 Eustace                                      Christie
17 Whitbread                                   Pearce
18 Sammon                                     Bent
21 Roos                                           Carson
30 Best                                            Dawkins 
33 Mascarell                                    Bryson

The team is better in key areas, the squad is immeasurably better as show by the bench. Then think who isn't even in that squad..Saint Bucko for instance. We're going to take some stopping surely?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the quality of the squad at our disposal this season I am deliberating over two different formations for the coming season:-

Home-  4 1 3 2 (I realise that we have not experimented with this one. I just think it utilises what we have!)

Grant

Baird  Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne

Ince  Hughes  Weimann

Martin  Bent

Away-  4 2 3 1

Grant

Ssewankambo*  Keogh  Shackell  Forsyth

Baird  Thorne

Ince  Hughes  Weimann

Martin

* Based on what I have seen/read in pre season

Prediction vs Bolton:-  Bolton 0-2 Derby County  (Weimann, Ince)

With the quality of the squad at our disposal this season I am deliberating over two different formations for the coming season:-

Home-  4 1 3 2 (I realise that we have not experimented with this one. I just think it utilises what we have!)

Grant

Thorne

Ince  Hughes  Weimann

Martin  Bent

Away-  4 2 3 1

Grant

Baird  Thorne

Ince  Hughes  Weimann

Martin

Grant

Thorne

Ince  Hughes  Weimann

Martin  Bent

Away-  4 2 3 1

Grant

Baird  Thorne

Ince  Hughes  Weimann

Martin

personally, I think this could be a great shout to move to if either chasing a game or if the oppo look like they're about to cave, but I think it a bit too gung-ho to start.

Yeah I entirely take your point. If I were to level another criticism at my selection it would be that I have no 'runner' (Bryson/Hendrick).

I was just trying to think of an attacking formation at home that would make the most of the firepower and creativity in the squad 

Nice problems to have though. What we would all have given for a squad like this three years ago. Happy days...

Seems obvious that Weimann should be playing centrally (behind or with Martin)and Ince should be playing wide left - hasn't last season pre season and weimanns experience at villa taught us that ? With jr and Ince wide and Weimann central attacking I'd think we would be lethal - the only counterpoint is that Weimann might track back better than Ince if played wide I guess but Im not buying that .

Seems obvious that Weimann should be playing centrally (behind or with Martin)and Ince should be playing wide left - hasn't last season pre season and weimanns experience at villa taught us that ? With jr and Ince wide and Weimann central attacking I'd think we would be lethal - the only counterpoint is that Weimann might track back better than Ince if played wide I guess but Im not buying that .

Yes, Weimann hasn't played on a wing under Clement yet, he's moved out there during a game but it's not been his position. He's either been one of two centre forwards or behind the strikers. Having said that though Ince hasn't played much a wing himself.

Yes, Weimann hasn't played on a wing under Clement yet, he's moved out there during a game but it's not been his position. He's either been one of two centre forwards or behind the strikers. Having said that though Ince hasn't played much a wing himself.

Eh?

That's where he was against Burton.. him and JR would swap sides, but they were definitely the widest of the front four.

Eh?

That's where he was against Burton.. him and JR would swap sides, but they were definitely the widest of the front four.

Fair enough, I didn't go. Looked in the highlights that every time he got the ball in an attacking position he was central though.

Sorry if anyone's already asked, but much chance that there's gonna be a stream for the game? 

Probably a half decent chance. They'll be loads of places advertising it but the best place to look are the ones that group all of the streams into one list. If it's on more than one of those it's likely going to be streamed. I have a few decent sites I use, and if I find one when I look on Saturday I'll post it in here anyway. 

I try to avoid really digging, as that can lead to all sorts of malware issues lol

Well there's your problem.

If you don't go to a game,that's your prerogative, but don't jump to conclusions eh?

In fairness, he didn't play on the wing in any other game, no-one had talked about him doing so and no footage suggested he did. Therefore my assumption, although wrong was not a wild stab in the dark. And it was only one point of many that I was making that Animalisa rightly corrected. 

It's not like I was insulting anyone, or accusing anyone else of being wrong and Animalisa's correction doesn't need reinforcing in a bitchy manner by someone who wasn't involved in the conversation at all.

In fairness, he didn't play on the wing in any other game, no-one had talked about him doing so and no footage suggested he did. Therefore my assumption, although wrong was not a wild stab in the dark. And it was only one point of many that I was making that Animalisa rightly corrected. 

It's not like I was insulting anyone, or accusing anyone else of being wrong and Animalisa's correction doesn't need reinforcing in a bitchy manner by someone who wasn't involved in the conversation at all.

How RUDDY DARE YOU assume ANYTHING you 'ORRIBLE LITTLE MAN!!!!

I wrote a quick piece on what system and personel Paul Clement should use for the trip to Bolton. I couldn't go into great detail because of time constraints, and I wanted to keep it as short and sweet as possible.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/06/graphic-why-paul-clement-should-select-this-derby-county-xi-vers/

I agree with your artical,and would also start with that team.But I do feel for Russell, he deserves a starting place on current form,but it's a long season and he will have a big part to play.

According to ian holloway we are going to lose 2-0:lol: Don't you love it when people make predictions without having a clue

oh wait i know why, it's because sky love the Neil Lennon's backside

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/32817/9938180/ian-holloways-predictions-qpr-to-win-leeds-and-middlesbrough-to-lose

Love how he says he loves the football league, it's down to earth and hates it that chairmen can change teams colours yet works for the tw*ts who were implicit in ruining it all.

Archived