Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

i-Ram

Wasn't there so will let the people who were,make the comments on the game.Just a

couple of points.The concept of a point away and win at home is a myth,nowadays.It

used to be that when a win was only worth 2 points.A draw meant you only lost a point

now it's a big difference.Has any team ever achieved that in a season? I doubt it.Having

said that,on this occasion it probably was a good point.Anyway does anyone agree that

Warnock will suffer the" Leeds effect"?Puts me off a bit tbh.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The concept of a point away and win at home is a myth,nowadays.It

used to be that when a win was only worth 2 points.A draw meant you only lost a point

now it's a big difference.Has any team ever achieved that in a season? I doubt it.

It's probably a myth in that it's never actually happened - that a team has drawn every away game and won every home game.

It's not a myth that you would then average 2 points a game, finish on 92 points and get promoted. It's normally: 

Average 2 points per game: Get promoted

Average 1.5 points per game: Chance of playoffs.

Average 1 point per game: Get relegated

It's probably a myth in that it's never actually happened - that a team has drawn every away game and won every home game.

It's not a myth that you would then average 2 points a game, finish on 92 points and get promoted. It's normally: 

Average 2 points per game: Get promoted

Average 1.5 points per game: Chance of playoffs.

Average 1 point per game: Get relegated

Unbeaten too. What a season that would be.

Archived