Channel 5 Primetime 9pm Football League Show

Curtains

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just get rid of the audience and it's alright imo. Why's everyone clapping Clint Hill? 

Pundits are pundits. The more in depth they go the more they look like tools. Just a brief report of what happened in the other 85 mins will do. Just seen Shearer explain why Rooney was onside. That linesman could do with that time freezing tool and the bright green line. 

I got fed up with the ad breaks, Kelly Dalgleish (don't know her married name) even said 'this is a really short break' presumably in a bid to stop people switching over to MOTD.

Don't want to see camera struck fans staring into the camera open mouthed either, won't be tuning in again, I'll just check out Goals on Sunday on Sky.

I've not seen this show yet. People on here talking about an audience in the studio like top gear. Do the presenters involve the audience? If not, why does it bother people on here? I'll try and see it next week to see what you are on about! 

Top Gear is exactly the style they've gone for with the audience. But if you wanted to know how a new car was performing you wouldn't turn on Top Gear because it doesn't take itself seriously enough. Same with this. FLS took itself too seriously and this is like Soccer AM but not funny.

It's like if CBBC did football highlights. It's all colourful and humourous and stupid. I'm yearning for the dim studio lighting of FLS again.

Top Gear is exactly the style they've gone for with the audience. But if you wanted to know how a new car was performing you wouldn't turn on Top Gear because it doesn't take itself seriously enough. Same with this. FLS took itself too seriously and this is like Soccer AM but not funny.

It's like if CBBC did football highlights. It's all colourful and humourous and stupid. I'm yearning for the dim studio lighting Pundits of FLS again.

FTFY.

I've not seen this show yet. People on here talking about an audience in the studio like top gear. Do the presenters involve the audience? If not, why does it bother people on here? I'll try and see it next week to see what you are on about! 

A lot of over exaggeration, if they got rid of the crowd the camera distance from the presenters or the angle of the lighting would be an issue. My head still hasn't stopped shaking since I read people have actually written to Channel 5 complaining. 

The first weeks show was awful. Slight improvement this week. Less biased than Manish have I told you I love Leicester City Bashin and Steve I hate Derby Claridge 

I'm not sure that Claridge hated Derby at all, far too many of our fans seemed to take offence at the FLS, no idea why. It was alright, did it's job. Compared to this Channel 5 malarkey it was brilliant. 

Manish was no more bias than Linekar is with his, he just doesn't have the charisma not to annoy people with it.

Bet if they took it off the air no-one would notice! I was one of the people who gave you cause for head-shaking Daveo, but I really need to have something to do these days. Just shouting at the telly didn't seem to have the desired effect! Oh, I think I may have written to the paper about it too ...... Sorry!

Archived