Channel 5 Primetime 9pm Football League Show

Curtains

Just trying to gather all feedback from this thread to create the perfect football highlight programme.

It needs to be on early and not a channel that runs adverts which would have to be the BBC, they need expert presenters that can disguise who they support and show no emotion towards any particular club. 

Championship games need more air time because football doesn't exist below the Championship, the same analysis as seen on MNF with Neville and Carragher for each game but with less talking and more football.

We need to cycle through every club each week who is shown first despite results so they don't feel like the BBC hates their club.

And a studio audience is a big no no because not all fans look like David Beckham or Brad Pitt, we can't have no unphotogenic seen on TV.

Oh and if you're going to bring in a ex pro player to summarise, at least get someone that knows what he's talking about like Zinedine Zidane.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just trying to gather all feedback from this thread to create the perfect football highlight programme.

It needs to be on early and not a channel that runs adverts which would have to be the BBC, they need expert presenters that can disguise who they support and show no emotion towards any particular club. 

Championship games need more air time because football doesn't exist below the Championship, the same analysis as seen on MNF with Neville and Carragher for each game but with less talking and more football.

We need to cycle through every club each week who is shown first despite results so they don't feel like the BBC hates their club.

And a studio audience is a big no no because not all fans look like David Beckham or Brad Pitt, we can't have no unphotogenic seen on TV.

Oh and if you're going to bring in a ex pro player to summarise, at least get someone that knows what he's talking about like Zinedine Zidane.

Also who will pay for the extra cameras needed to cover at the majority of FL games for more action!

• 3 weeks later...

You lot do make me laugh, watching now and it's an alright programme. Only fast forward the ads. We're going to be last at times, Derby are not the only club in the Championship

Not complaining about being last I just answered someone's question.

It would be an alright programme if they got rid of the live audience, had one presenter and maybe one pro/ex-pro.

Live audience is fine, football without fans is nothing, great to get us involved. Much better than 3 blokes sat behind a desk in a empty stage.

No issues with the presenters either, nice balance especially with the eye candy.

The one and only problem is the adverts.

Oh and I would prefer them to go back to mixing the leagues up playing the best and more interesting games first. Why should a cracking League 1 game have to wait until we've seen a 0-0 Bolton Rotherham game for example?

Its the Football League not just the Championship 

• 4 months later...

an update.....the football league show....now called "The Championship".....is looking great they've got rid of the league 1 and 2 matches and given them their own show.....

they've got rid of the stupid awkward live audience and they've copied the match of the day setup in a studio with a guest....

looks great if i'm honest, only downside i can see is the mass amounts of breaks....

overall i'm happy with all the changes they've made, looks much more professional and we get in depth championship for a hour :)

On 13/09/2015 at 15:13, Daveo said:

Live audience is fine, football without fans is nothing, great to get us involved. Much better than 3 blokes sat behind a desk in a empty stage.

No issues with the presenters either, nice balance especially with the eye candy.

The one and only problem is the adverts.

Oh and I would prefer them to go back to mixing the leagues up playing the best and more interesting games first. Why should a cracking League 1 game have to wait until we've seen a 0-0 Bolton Rotherham game for example?

Its the Football League not just the Championship 

Just seen this after i posted....we defo agree on that one point at least ;)

i prefer the championship games first, i dont want to be cruel but i couldnt care less if swindon town score a few crackers...and i like the fact i can watch this and then switch over to match of the day.

Archived