Channel 5 Primetime 9pm Football League Show

Curtains

First of all,it's no good banging on about the FLS.It was rumoured that the beeb wanted

to dump the show last Christmas,so we knew it would finish at the end of last season'I was

in hospital,so i'm not sure about this,but they didn't even show highlights of the play-offs

did they?I never watch Saturday tv anyway,I record MOTD and this programme and watch

it sunday morning.Sky do Fl 72 review on sundays.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Channel 5, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

they brought out some ex brighton reserve player and it felt really, really low quality, please can they spend an extra tenner on someone we might know ?

but thanks for the ten seconds of Rams vs Bolton :ph34r:

Overall totally dreadful... Way too much Soccer Am and not enough MOTD... Just show the highlights please and don't mess around with it... I actually e-mailed a complaint to C5 about it... (bored at work)

However Positives include:

Kelly Cates

Good insights from recent former Pro and great guest appearance from a FL manager

No Manish

Negatives include:

Opinions from random dudes in the crowd who look/sound nervous and uncomfortable

Jumping between leagues with no logical order (interesting that the BBC who are un-biased by TV revenues have started publishing the running order of MOTD on twitter so people can tune in at 'the right time')

Spinning League tables - Just makes the Football League look REALLY budget vs the spectacular infographics they use on MOTD

Overall totally dreadful... Way too much Soccer Am and not enough MOTD... Just show the highlights please and don't mess around with it... I actually e-mailed a complaint to C5 about it... (bored at work)

However Positives include:

Good insights from recent former Pro and great guest appearance from a FL manager

No Manish

Negatives include:

Opinions from random dudes in the crowd who look/sound nervous and uncomfortable

Jumping between leagues with no logical order (interesting that the BBC who are un-biased by TV revenues have started publishing the running order of MOTD on twitter so people can tune in at 'the right time')

Spinning League tables - Just makes the Football League look REALLY budget vs the spectacular infographics they use on MOTD

It IS really budget compared to MOTD :lol: It's hard to make a show look fancy when you don't have much money. There are sitcoms out there with a bigger budget than this highlights show.

It IS really budget compared to MOTD :lol: It's hard to make a show look fancy when you don't have much money. There are sitcoms out there with a bigger budget than this highlights show.

It's really simple though... just stick the league tables on the massive screen behind them rather than tacky spinny things!

image.jpg

I've been told I'm not allowed to Dark Knight anyone this side of the Atlantic... 

Watching now, almost half way through. Basically you are all a bunch of drama queens, the kind of people that would complain to the BBC if you saw a bra strap on Eastenders.

The only thing that would annoy me watching live is the adverts.

Channel 5 have to cover 3 leagues, if you're all expecting the same analysis you get on MOTD that cover a handful of games you will never be happy. It's impossible, would cost a fortune and the programme would be on for 6 hours.

I quite like the studio feel, mixing the leagues up, speeding through a few games with an ex player talking over, Kelly Cates is nicer on the eye than Manish and it's not on at stupid o clock.

It's better than the FLS, there I said it. 

I'm just guessing here, but I reckon a huge % of people that watch football league highlight shows are just fans of one of the clubs, and just want to see their teams goals. 

At least half of that sh** on channel 5 must have been a mix between adverts, stupid gimmicks like Michael Vaughan talking sh*te, Martin Allen not having a clue what to say and crap jokes from the presenters. 

Just show the goals of each league, bit of analysis after, f*cking easy. 

They showed more highlights of Orient v Barnet than a game like Gillingham v Shef Utd.

And anyone that goes into a studio to be part of the crowd for a football highlights show is a serious, serious danger to society. 

Well I complained to Channel 5 about this programme last Saturday night. Moving from League to League, poor punditry and silly league tables here is their response!

Dear Correspondent

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Football League Tonight.

We were sorry to read that you were unhappy with a number of aspects of the 8th August episode. As you may know, this is a new programme on Channel 5 and it is not in our interests, or indeed any broadcaster's interests, to alienate viewers. However, we all provide mixed schedules and, inevitably, there will be a dissonance of views about the content, format and presenters of our programmes. Nevertheless, we do appreciate the concerns that have been expressed by viewers and some changes to elements of the format of future episodes are likely to be made.

We are grateful to you for taking the time to let us know how you feel and have noted your complaint for the attention of all relevant personnel.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

Well I complained to Channel 5 about this programme last Saturday night. Moving from League to League, poor punditry and silly league tables here is their response!

Dear Correspondent

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Football League Tonight.

We were sorry to read that you were unhappy with a number of aspects of the 8th August episode. As you may know, this is a new programme on Channel 5 and it is not in our interests, or indeed any broadcaster's interests, to alienate viewers. However, we all provide mixed schedules and, inevitably, there will be a dissonance of views about the content, format and presenters of our programmes. Nevertheless, we do appreciate the concerns that have been expressed by viewers and some changes to elements of the format of future episodes are likely to be made.

We are grateful to you for taking the time to let us know how you feel and have noted your complaint for the attention of all relevant personnel.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

At least you got a response, I once emailed ITV after a run of Piers Morgan specials such as Piers Morgan on Dubai, Piers Morgan on Los Angeles etc.

I told them just how much I'd enjoyed the series, and could they finish off with Piers Morgan on Fire, strangely enough didn't get back to me!

Archived