Channel 5 Primetime 9pm Football League Show

Curtains

It's going to be pants. 

They've got a live audience. Why? And assuming they'll be talking to people and having adverts then you're not going to get much more than the goals. 

The only positive is that it's on early. 

A live audience :lol:  ridiculous. Comical station. I might just save the time on Saturday and spend the week going from club to club watching their youtube highlights.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A live audience :lol:  ridiculous. Comical station. I might just save the time on Saturday and spend the week going from club to club watching their youtube highlights.

"Let's go over to our audience now and we've got a Cardiff fan. What's your name sir?"

"Ian"

"Ian, where has it all gone wrong for Cardiff?"

"Well, I wasn't at the game today but we've got no pace on the wings and we should be playing 442. There's no effort or passion. No loyalty left in football. We need to sack Slade and bring in Di Matteo" 

"Thanks Ian"

Betya.:rolleyes:

"Let's go over to our audience now and we've got a Cardiff fan. What's your name sir?"

"Ian"

"Ian, where has it all gone wrong for Cardiff?"

"Well, I wasn't at the game today but we've got no pace on the wings and we should be playing 442. There's no effort or passion. No loyalty left in football. We need to sack Slade and bring in Di Matteo" 

"Thanks Ian"

Betya.:rolleyes:

Quite possibly, I suppose there'll be an element of the luck of the draw with it.

But we do need fans on there. I've been saying for years the MOTD panel should have a fan (and a ref) on to offer their perspective. They might be a little harsher about topics like diving for instance and be a little less inclined to use silly words like 'simulation' or use phrases like 'he was entitled to go down'. 

It couldn't just be some bloke off the street obviously, they'd have to be reasonably articulate. It's why I had a soft spot for Colin Murray. If the rumours about Lawrenson and Hansen wanting shot of him because he's never played the game but dared to have opinions are true then Hansen and Lawrenson are *****. I've never played professional football but I can talk a better game than Andy Townsend.

Quite possibly, I suppose there'll be an element of the luck of the draw with it.

But we do need fans on there. I've been saying for years the MOTD panel should have a fan (and a ref) on to offer their perspective. They might be a little harsher about topics like diving for instance and be a little less inclined to use silly words like 'simulation' or use phrases like 'he was entitled to go down'. 

It couldn't just be some bloke off the street obviously, they'd have to be reasonably articulate. It's why I had a soft spot for Colin Murray. If the rumours about Lawrenson and Hansen wanting shot of him because he's never played the game but dared to have opinions are true then Hansen and Lawrenson are *****. I've never played professional football but I can talk a better game than Andy Townsend.

You get a like just for that.

He should have hosted Catchphrase. All he ever did was say what he saw. Nothing insightful came out of his mouth ever.

I don't think he even did that, did he? I remember 1 game where he said the player got the ball, replay showed that he was no where near and still said that he clearly got the ball and it was a great challenge after watching the replay!! Bloody idiot. :lol:

I don't think he even did that, did he? I remember 1 game where he said the player got the ball, replay showed that he was no where near and still said that he clearly got the ball and it was a great challenge after watching the replay!! Bloody idiot. :lol:

Oh yeah when He did try and say something, like voice an opinion on a refereeing decision then you could put money on him saying the opposite of what everyone else thinks

edit - don't know why 'he' got capitalised. For the record I don't think Andy Townsend is God.

Initial thoughts?

Not too keen myself. Don't like the magazine format (I think that's what it's called). 

Don't like breaks either. 

Just keep it simple. Show Championship and work down. Get a decent ex footballer to make some comments and move on to the next game. 

Archived