Channel 5 Primetime 9pm Football League Show

Curtains

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a studio audience....my heart sinks...i don't give a toss what the audience think i want to see the highlights. 

They tried this for the tennis highlights show and it didn't last the 1st week before becoming

Exactly. A studio audience has no place in a football programme.

Mind you, if that audience is representative of the demographic they are aiming for, it does tell you quite a lot about what Channel 5 thinks of people who watch football.

Thought Kelly Dalgleish was a decent host.  The blokey sidekick is a waste of space.  Thought the audience was a horrible idea, as was getting Martin Allen to comment on highlights.

In summary, get Kelly to present in a closed studio with a decent ex-pro footballer and it could be half decent.

Also agree with the format being start at the top and work downwards.

Just the highlights please - goals, good play, fuckups, off-the-ball punches and a so on. 

No studio audience, no bonhomie, no ex-players on the punditry gravy train, no interviews.

Treat your audience with respect. Credit them with having more intelligence than you clearly think, as well as a wider age range. Also recognise that many of them will be women and some of your audience will even be sober while watching.

Just the highlights please.

I haven't watched it yet but I get the feeling TV stations will never win. Fans moaned at the FLS, moaned at ITV's offering and now Channel 5's. When we go up I'm guessing MOTD will be crap with Lineker to blame for Derby never being shown first and only getting 30 seconds. 

Channel 5 are trying something different by the sounds of it, fair play to them for not just following what the FLS did. Makes me laugh how some are so against change, wanting Retro shirts every season, no sponsors, Des Lynam back on the box....they even complain when clubs fans forums get updated! 

Like I say, haven't watched it yet but one thing I do like the sound of which some are complaining of is mixing the leagues up, why should the Championship prioritise over League 2? are Derby County fans more important than Accrington Stanley fans?

Sounds pretty fair to me this new format and with modern technology you can record Match of the Day and watch it 5 minutes behind.....oh but I'm guessing nobody has Sky TV or TiVo boxes, still on the portable black and white TV's with a coat hanger as an antenna wearing their 1970's retro kits eating Marathon bars and drinking Skol

I haven't watched it yet but I get the feeling TV stations will never win. Fans moaned at the FLS, moaned at ITV's offering and now Channel 5's. When we go up I'm guessing MOTD will be crap with Lineker to blame for Derby never being shown first and only getting 30 seconds. 

Channel 5 are trying something different by the sounds of it, fair play to them for not just following what the FLS did. Makes me laugh how some are so against change, wanting Retro shirts every season, no sponsors, Des Lynam back on the box....they even complain when clubs fans forums get updated! 

Like I say, haven't watched it yet but one thing I do like the sound of which some are complaining of is mixing the leagues up, why should the Championship prioritise over League 2? are Derby County fans more important than Accrington Stanley fans?

Sounds pretty fair to me this new format and with modern technology you can record Match of the Day and watch it 5 minutes behind.....oh but I'm guessing nobody has Sky TV or TiVo boxes, still on the portable black and white TV's with a coat hanger as an antenna wearing their 1970's retro kits eating Marathon bars and drinking Skol

Seriously, don't speak so soon....

Archived