SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.5 million on Weiimann

4 million on Ince

20kplus wages on Bent

shackell now rumoured 

Surely someone is off to cope with FFP

​Well, considering where the signings are:

Bent: ST

Pearce: DC

Carson: GK

Rumoured:

Shackell: DC

Weimann: FW

Ince: FW

I'm getting the impression that a centrehalf will probably be leaving, and we may well let one of our many forwards go. Will be an interesting month in that regard. 

With rumours of Hendrick also being off, I'd expect us to be looking into another midfielder unless we change formation somewhat. I guess if we switched to a formation without a "Thorne/Eustace" role, we could technically get by on: Hughes, Bryson, Thorne and Hanson, but I'd still think we're very light in that area. In any case, I'm sure even with Hendrick here we'll almost certainly see a signing there, and a few players moving on at some point. 

Just heard on B T sport that Liverpool might be putting a bid in for will,hope nothing comes of it,but I guess every player has his price.O

​The 'Hughes to Liverpool, £15m' story ran in March, as well as during each of the last 4 transfer windows.

He posted a picture on Instagram of himself having a beer with villa mates to celebrate the end of season... Villa fans didn't like it as they had just lost and had a **** season. Hardly makes him an alcoholic does it? 

​What  a lad

Rumoured:

I'm getting the impression that a centrehalf will probably be leaving, and we may well let one of our many forwards go. Will be an interesting month in that regard. 

With rumours of Hendrick also being off, I'd expect us to be looking into another midfielder unless we change formation somewhat. I guess if we switched to a formation without a "Thorne/Eustace" role, we could technically get by on: Hughes, Bryson, Thorne and Hanson, but I'd still think we're very light in that area. In any case, I'm sure even with Hendrick here we'll almost certainly see a signing there, and a few players moving on at some point. 

If we don't play with the holding CDM, and therefore rule a Barton type player out of the equation, we could do far worse than go for Leon Britton from Swansea who plays the fame very simply and effectively.  If we have goals in the forward line, we need someone to keep the shape and discipline. 33 I know, and not one for the future, but there are a few of our youngsters, Hughes and Thorne included, who could learn a lot from working with a proper pro like Britton (you could write the same re. Osman but I think it unlikely he will leave Everton).

Confirmed source Hughes has been of course watched by many scouts from other clubs but they are not interested at the moment. I am told he needs to bulk up a lot and considered light weight. Source third party Eric Steele

Confirmed source Hughes has been of course watched by many scouts from other clubs but they are not interested at the moment. I am told he needs to bulk up a lot and considered light weight. Source third party Eric Steele

​I thought most football scouts are past that these days or at least should be. Thats the old way of thinking physical fitness is one of the easiest things to get as a player.  Natural ability is not.

But I guess Will is still at a tender age and some may consider £15mil+ a gamble.

​Just confirmed same scouts rule out move for Messi based on same checklist

​What's this, the dark ages? They will be saying his work rate is not high enough next.

​Just confirmed same scouts rule out move for Messi based on same checklist

​Messi is so good he doesn't need strength, he just drops his shoulder and glides past the opposition players, plus the guys tough as leather, the amount of times he gets hacked down and kicked during a game and just gets up and gets on with it. You certainly cant compare him to a championship CM! 

Can't see why any club would pay over £10m for him. He is a tidy player but rarely a match-winner. He is easily shrugged off the ball and is poor in the air. He is of course a silky player and has good feet, but at the very top level I think his physical weaknesses will be found out. 

Premiership clubs will continue to monitor his progress, especially when rules around the number of home-grown players are extended. But for now, I'm sure they feel he is better off honing his skills in the Championship.

Can't see why any club would pay over £10m for him. He is a tidy player but rarely a match-winner. He is easily shrugged off the ball and is poor in the air. He is of course a silky player and has good feet, but at the very top level I think his physical weaknesses will be found out. 

Premiership clubs will continue to monitor his progress, especially when rules around the number of home-grown players are extended. But for now, I'm sure they feel he is better off honing his skills in the Championship.

​I would say last season he looked a lot stronger. Managed to hold his own against alot stronger players. It takes time when you're not naturally strong. 

I'm sure the FFFP rules have been relaxed this year ? and also we made more money from TV than we did in previous years, Im sure Rush and the board will not risk our future now, considering how long we have been trying to stabilise. It's all good. 

Rumoured:

Not sure we will lose any more attackers, considering we are down a few from last year - Ward, Lingard, Ince. Bent replaces himself. So Ince and Weimann just cover for last seasons players. Defence is interesting, especially if we do sign any more, I can see at least 1 going. Midfield will depend on numbers needed for PC's system and anyone departing (which will only happen if big bids come in)

Archived