SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or ,your typical moaning sit on there hands half fans,as Eddie would say.Please let's get behind the lads this season,and stop your moaning half fans,and arm chair fans.If you only watch us on t.v.or listen to us on radio,then get a life and get down to the ipro as ASAP.Thanks

Not sure what to make of this signing at first....he seemed to go off the boil a bit after a very impressive 2012/2013. Decided to trawl the Villa forums to see what they make of him, and i have to say it's made encouraging reading. They speak highly of his attitude and commitment and seem to think that his downturn in form was a lot to do with Lambert's negative tactics and being played out of position for the most part.  They seem to think we got a bargain.  Hope so!  I'm certainly optimistic.

They speak highly of his attitude and commitment and seem to think that his downturn in form was a lot to do with Lambert's negative tactics and being played out of position for the most part.

What do they think his best position is?

Central forward. Or anywhere that's not out wide.

That's what I'd heard too. That would suggest to me that Clement plans to play with two forwards as opposed to one. It also suggests that we still need to sign a conventional winger to replace Ward.

What do they think his best position is?

Definitely as a striker, not out wide.  But he works wherever he is put.  He won't be playing in Martin's position for us though...but still part of a front 3.  I wonder how that will suit him.

on a football forum i asked villa fans what they thought of us signing him. I got an overwhelming response. All of them gave positive feedback most indicating its a fantastic signing for us. Even the most negative responses were that he 'will be a good championship player. but not prem.' 

Their overall feeling was that he is much more ineffective as a winger so we would get the best from him up front. But nevertheless his work rate meant he puts a shift in anywhere he plays.

in a nutshell they think we play him up top he will single handedly get us promoted :lol:

Archived