SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the Telegraph, worth it's own thread. 

Implies that Steve McClaren had the interest, but I assume that's just lazy on their part. 

Weimann would be a 8/10 signing at this level, I think. He's a mark up on Ward and a similar player, in my opinion. 

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go 9/10. He's probably the equivalent to Jordan Rhodes at this level

​I wouldn't say that. Jordan Rhodes is a goalscorer and most of the time I've seen him he doesn't offer much more. It's not a bad trait to have but when it comes to Weimann, he's not a goalscorer. He may bag a few in this league but at Villa his record for a striker is terrible. I think he's a hard-working player and would be better suited out wide if he were to join. He's got a fair bit of pace on him and would definitely be a step up on Ward.

If we get Ince too, then I wouldn't mind. But if it is only one them, then Ince without a doubt.

​I agree with this. Weimann would offer much of what Russell does, so I feel we'd need more of a 'flairy' match-winning winger just like Ince. Would still love both to come though. If Weimann has been told he can leave, and we can get him cheap, then it'll still leave the funds to sign Ince. Having forward options of the following at this level would be absolutely phenomenal...

Wingers: Russell, Ince, Weimann // Calero, Santos, Bennett

Strikers: Martin, Bent // Thomas (not including Sammon)

Always liked the look of this guy. He really knows how to play off of others. In this league with the personnel we have he would be incredible. Would fit right in. Got one year left on his contract as far as I am aware. In a better side than Villa I think he would have suited the PL just fine. 

*Puts tin hat on* I wouldn't mind Bamford back with the Chelsea Links and that. His goals basically got Boro where they were they'll struggle next season Boro if they don't replace him.

​This is one of the most unrealistic suggestions I've seen, and that's saying something. 

*Puts tin hat on* I wouldn't mind Bamford back with the Chelsea Links and that. His goals basically got Boro where they were they'll struggle next season Boro if they don't replace him.

With him playing the last 1 1/2 seasons in the championship I doubt Chelsea see his development continuing in this league again. He will be going to a premier league team. He is a play off jinx anyway :lol:.

Why would a Premier League regular want to join a Championship club? I seriously doubt he would.

​Because under Sherwood he is not a regular.

I'm not sure he even made the bench half the time, with Sinclair and Agbonlahor there. So if he's been told he can go, you could argue only teams in the Prem could match us as a good destination. If he gets Prem offers, he will most likely go there, if not, then we have as good a chance as any

I'm not sure he even made the bench half the time, with Sinclair and Agbonlahor there. So if he's been told he can go, you could argue only teams in the Prem could match us as a good destination. If he gets Prem offers, he will most likely go there, if not, then we have as good a chance as any

​Was just about to post this. It doesn't look like Sherwood is a fan. Weimann's last appearance was as a second half sub on the 11th of April. In 16 games under Sherwood he's started once and been subbed on 5 times. He wasn't even on the bench for the cup final.

Why could you argue that only Prem teams could match us? Do other countries not exist?

Why could you argue that only Prem teams could match us? Do other countries not exist?

​thats very true, but my understanding of the context of the conversation was that we are discussing England and English teams, as thats where the money is... (we don't count Scotland as a country yet, sorry)

To be fair though, Derby as a club are on a similar level to lower midtable teams in most other top leagues across Europe, at least in terms of size of ground and fan base, and possibly wages too. The championship is growing in terms of reputation too

Archived