Thank you Steve McClaren

-JW-

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Steve...did alot of good for the club and I probably would of given him another season (although I agree that the last few games the team was off and I did wonder if he still had the full backing of the dressing room) but ultimately we have the best squad we've had in years this season and despite the key injuries, the board gave him every opportunity to add and we were worse this season and fell to 8th after being top a couple of months prior...it's a shame but a fully understandable decision. I just hope Clement is given as much backing by the board and the budget stays roughly the same.

Can't help but feel he was confident derby would go up, and he felt in his own mind he'd done what was asked and be able to move on with all our blessings, then it went pear shaped...massively...I don't think Newcastle wanted him after he refused to go there for there last 3 games so then he committed himself to Derby......Maybe our board are more committed and realise it

Need @derbygoals to make a stevie Mac montage

changed this club into an interesting one and would have been happy to give him another season

thanks for the memories, last season was the best and most enjoyable I can remember

Wish him all the best

Had the team playing great last season

Fatal flaw was the dithering when Newcastle were interested..

On that basis alone im not bothered he has gone..but he was a decent manager for us

I actually really pleased the reason why we didn't go up was him tactically and signings Thorne was out in August eustace before Christmas ( I think) I didn't take anyone with brain to see  mascrell wasn't anywhere good enough so not to bring anyone I that role falls on Steve and Steve only.  Has anyone heard about him and Buxton and a cup of soup or is that someone taking the piss 

I just hope we're not sat in mid-table next season watching dour football.

We've been great to watch the last two seasons.  

We could be the next Middlesbrough, watching tedious defensive football.

However, it could be a masterstroke.

Only time will tell...

​Most pathetic post of the year, i have full confidence in you to surpass it before too long though

You still got that profile picture up Ramit?  Come on buddy, the king is dead, long live the king.

If it turns out to be true then what a joke I was happy that derby were a sensible club who did not sack managers hastily. Then came Sam rush. Well Sam why don't you trot along with Steve somewhere else. (trying my best to stay polite) as for the people calling sm wally! Fickle or what. Good luck to sm and a truly sad day to be a ram fan

Archived