Thank you Steve McClaren

-JW-

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it turns out to be true then what a joke I was happy that derby were a sensible club who did not sack managers hastily. Then came Sam rush. Well Sam why don't you trot along with Steve somewhere else. (trying my best to stay polite) as for the people calling sm wally! Fickle or what. Good luck to sm and a truly sad day to be a ram fan

You won't be saying that a year from now when Rams in premiership 

but defenders who can defend and win the league easily 

In hindsight I don't think the way he described our defensive lapses in the last 3 months as something like "We have to accept this is where we are at the moment"(post Wolves match I think) helped him.  This sort of thing will put any manager at risk with the directors and maybe is something that has contributed to what looks like a loss of confidence.

I'm still a big fan and will always look back at the Mac mini era with great fondness. Clement or whoever, lets get behind him and make the next few years even better.

So its not actually been confirmed anywere yet ! Apart from the reliable sources on twitter ??? lets just wait and see ! You never know ! 

Macs took us along way in my opinion,  look were we were when he took over ! You think we would have even had a sniff under clough ? 

Just hope Paul Clement turns out to be the great coach of unquestioning loyalty to the club, with a long list of loan signings ready to join as soon as player is injured (still can't believe McClaren didn't try to sign Lambert and Adevayor!! When he KNEW Bent was going to be injured!), of faultless tactical ability and the magic cure to a squad decimated by injury that we all expected McClaren to be.

Hands down the best manager we've had in my living memory - by pretty much any way you'd want to measure it. Sadly, a two-month disaster period seems to have completely skewed the view of most fans who seem to forget that without him, we probably wouldn't have got this outrageous sense of entitlement and expectation which seems to govern our behaviour lately. The sad part for me is that Steve will never have a chance to put it right. He'll be remembered for the playoff final in 2014 and the last two months of this seasons, but for me he'll always be associated with my happiest memories as a Derby fan.

if he goes.....

Archived