Thank you Steve McClaren

-JW-

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He ruined our season, so for me it's good riddance.

No plan B in the championship is very poor management.

​You can't deny he was a breath of fresh air and to give us the two seasons we've had, despite the disappointing end, I can only thank him for.

He rekindled my stale love for DCFC after the constant serving of mediocrity and underachieving from the previous regime and for that I thank him. Yes it turned a bit sour towards the end, but don't all break ups?

Being 18, the 2013:14 season was the most exciting season which I can properly remember, so thank you steve for giving me that, wish him the best off luck! 

​He inherited a good team that was made slightly better. Some of his signings were dreadful. 

​Being a younger fan, I was about in the Jim Smith promotion era but not really old enough to understand football nor appreciate the ups and downs of supporting the club.

McClaren has arguably given me the greatest pleasure watching my team in just over 20 years. So for that I can only be grateful.

I hope Schteve leaves his notepad with him and the new manager doesn't put those rose tinted glasses on to watch our back 4 with. I'm scared they will look good in training and we have another season with a Ferrari bonnet and Nova boot.

McClaren's time here was by far the most enjoyable football I've experienced. Gutted that it's had to end like this and without promotion but I'm pleased that the situation has been sorted out quickly. Good luck Steve and thanks for the memories. 

Archived