Thank you Steve McClaren

-JW-

I've seen and heard lots of moaning this season. I've often wondered if there's many people actually enjoying it. And that was when we were winning. 

Were you sitting next to Bryson 

​They tried to separate him from the other fans behind some old netting…but we could still hear him cursing and wailing…

349299_1.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the Reading game Mac obviously had support from Rush, the transfer rumours and the talk of next season obviously meant that the board were ready to give financial backing to him.

It means that something had to have happened recently, because the board seemed to have backed Mac until something happened last week, it all seems very strange.

​Yes, Morris.

Although I not sure if he is strange?

​They tried to separate him from the other fans behind some old netting…but we could still hear him cursing and wailing…

349299_1.jpg

Was that this season.  

I think we lost to a poor Forest side at home this season and drew away.  

​I don't see where I suggested it was to do with us fans? The worst it's ever got is the odd phone call on Radio Derby and the odd thread on here. It's hardly the peasant's revolt. And I never said it was, and it's not down to us fans. Maybe you're getting me muddled up with some other posters because that's definitely not my view and I agree with this post here?

I just feel, very strongly, that his time here has been underrated by many and I don't think people's opinions are a fair reflection of what he's done. If he goes, it will be down to the board, not a dozen or so irritable posts on a forum. Doesn't change my point though that it's a shame Steve may not get a chance to prove some of the doubters wrong, or at least give it a go.

​I apologise wholeheartedly if i misconstrued your comments dear fellow....the bit i was referring to was, and i quote,

Sadly, a two-month disaster period seems to have completely skewed the view of most fans who seem to forget that without him, we probably wouldn't have got this outrageous sense of entitlement and expectation which seems to govern our behaviour lately

I'm not sure what you mean by "completely skewed the view of most fans". Do you mean the bulk of the fans have turned on Steve and want him gone? 

There was (and is) relatively minor criticism on forums about tactics and shipping goals and a sense of disappointment of how we capitulated at the end, but i would suggest that is perfectly normal.

If Steve was now going about his business and preparing for next season, most fans i believe, would be over it by now and excited for the future.

So explain yourself properly or you'll need one of Boycie's trainspotting books down the back of your trousers next time i see you in the mod room.

​I apologise wholeheartedly if i misconstrued your comments dear fellow....the bit i was referring to was, and i quote,

Sadly, a two-month disaster period seems to have completely skewed the view of most fans who seem to forget that without him, we probably wouldn't have got this outrageous sense of entitlement and expectation which seems to govern our behaviour lately

I'm not sure what you mean by "completely skewed the view of most fans". Do you mean the bulk of the fans have turned on Steve and want him gone? 

There was (and is) relatively minor criticism on forums about tactics and shipping goals and a sense of disappointment of how we capitulated at the end, but i would suggest that is perfectly normal.

If Steve was now going about his business and preparing for next season, most fans i believe, would be over it by now and excited for the future.

So explain yourself properly or you'll need one of Boycie's trainspotting books down the back of your trousers next time i see you in the mod room.

​Fiery ginger gets knickers in twist in ranty post...hardly the shock of the century! I meant "a number of fans" rather than "most".

Of course, if you're going to simply read what I type and presume that's what I mean, then you've got it all wrong.

Perhaps we should take this in the mod room then, and have a full and frank exchange of views.

​Fiery ginger gets knickers in twist in ranty post...hardly the shock of the century! I meant "a number of fans" rather than "most".

Of course, if you're going to simply read what I type and presume that's what I mean, then you've got it all wrong.

Perhaps we should take this in the mod room then, and have a full and frank exchange of views.

​No. Its better entertainment if we had a major fall out in public.

​No. Its better entertainment if we had a major fall out in public.

​Can we have a board meeting first?

Then a few weeks later Mel Morris gets involved and suddenly Mac is told to came in on Thursday night for crisis talks regarding his future, then somebody lets slip to the media what going on and the seculation starts, yet the board who wanted the crisis talks, do nothing, don't sack Mac but also don't back him either.

Completely unprofessionly for a club to do this........

Erm, the club had this meeting planned for a while, it was for Sam and Steve to discuss the meeting in America, it was scheduled for Friday and was brought forward 24 hours, the day after Steve got back from holiday. I doubt it has anything to do with Mel Morris.

If I was you I would stop throwing wild accusations around about Morris being the person who has made this apparent decision. One poster has already upset him and no doubt will be monitoring the forum closer than before and will not take to kindly to rubbish you keep putting up.

Erm, the club had this meeting planned for a while, it was for Sam and Steve to discuss the meeting in America, it was scheduled for Friday and was brought forward 24 hours, the day after Steve got back from holiday. I doubt it has anything to do with Mel Morris.

If I was you I would stop throwing wild accusations around about Morris being the person who has made this apparent decision. One poster has already upset him and no doubt will be monitoring the forum closer than before and will not take to kindly to rubbish you keep putting up.

​The truth of the matter is that NOBODY knows what went on, what is going to happen and the reasons behind what is going to happen. There is a lot of supposition, a lot of stories and then an awful lot of back-tracking and bet-hedging.

Time will tell. 

​The truth of the matter is that NOBODY knows what went on, what is going to happen and the reasons behind what is going to happen. There is a lot of supposition, a lot of stories and then an awful lot of back-tracking and bet-hedging.

Time will tell. 

​Your only guessing that NOBODY knows. You can't possibly know for definite that nobody knows.

​Your only guessing that NOBODY knows. You can't possibly know for definite that nobody knows.

Your only guessing he does not know for definite.

Given Eddie is more intelligent than 99% of people on here, it is highly probable he also possesses telepathic powers, a bit like x-men.

Your only guessing he does not know for definite.

Given Eddie is more intelligent than 99% of people on here, it is highly probable he also possesses telepathic powers, a bit like x-men.

​Quantifiably speaking, it's likely that I am. However, what I was at great pains to point out, and what you have obviously ignored (either out of ignorance - bad - or for the lulz - good) is that the quantifiable intelligence quotient is purely and simply the ability to perform well in intelligence tests.

I'll assume it was for the lulz, hence the like.

​Quantifiably speaking, it's likely that I am. However, what I was at great pains to point out, and what you have obviously ignored (either out of ignorance - bad - or for the lulz - good) is that the quantifiable intelligence quotient is purely and simply the ability to perform well in intelligence tests.

I choose to ignore it, quite simply because I believe it to be an incorrect statement.

I choose to ignore it, quite simply because I believe it to be an incorrect statement.

​My IQ, statistically speaking, puts me in the 99th percentile - that has been determined, confirmed and ratified on numerous occasions.

I am assuming a normal, as opposed to a skewed, distribution of message board members' IQs in comparison the the general UK population.

If you can categorically prove otherwise, then I shall gladly stand corrected.

​My IQ, statistically speaking, puts me in the 99th percentile - that has been determined, confirmed and ratified on numerous occasions.

I am assuming a normal, as opposed to a skewed, distribution of message board members' IQs in comparison the the general UK population.

What do you mean you have lost me drrrrrrrrrrrr

Prove it, or GTFO!

Prove it, or GTFO!

​No problem. Supply me with a Cattell III B paper and examination conditions and I would gladly sit the test. Don't bother downloading anything from the net - they are all bogus.

​it's quite a variable you are assuming as the membership of a message board would not perhaps be a stratified sample which you would need to back your claim with a normal confidence interval

Sorry not sure what happened there got distracted with the late Southend goal that is my comment not Eddies!!

Archived