Paul Clement...

Not after I give you your lollipop and read your bedtime anti wum book to keep you free from the demons that haunt you and keep you up. Little girl. 

​Díckensian wit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karanka assistant at Madrid, Boro play off final, comprende ;) 

​Don't think he would leave for us? :)

Also finished 12th with Boro in 13/14, took over in November when they were 16th. 

I think with all the rumors McClarens position has become untenable .

​Nah.

Some mischief making happening but will he still be here first game of the season? Probably the only person who knows that is McClaren. People say no smoke without fire, but the internet is littered with little fires, anyone one of us could start a rumour that if enough people talked about it would spread. Take those articles Bris or Ambitious write, mainly based on info already out there but adding speculation. Take Nixon and his fire enough crap and some will stick.

Right now Derby fans are easy bate because we have for some reason become paranoid about losing our manager to the slightest rumour.

Last thing I heard from McClaren was being 100% committed to the club.Until he or the club says otherwise all this is tittle tattle.

​Nah.

Some mischief making happening but will he still be here first game of the season? Probably the only person who knows that is McClaren. People say no smoke without fire, but the internet is littered with little fires, anyone one of us could start a rumour that if enough people talked about it would spread. Take those articles Bris or Ambitious write, mainly based on info already out there but adding speculation. Take Nixon and his fire enough crap and some will stick.

Right now Derby fans are easy bate because we have for some reason become paranoid about losing our manager to the slightest rumour.

Last thing I heard from McClaren was being 100% committed to the club.Until he or the club says otherwise all this is tittle tattle.

It is but IMO McClarens position is now untenable as the rumours are disruptive and won't go away. 

McClaren should have nipped the rumours in the bud when it all first surfaced and may now cost him his job IMO. 

It is but IMO McClarens position is now untenable as the rumours are disruptive and won't go away. 

McClaren should have nipped the rumours in the bud when it all first surfaced and may now cost him his job IMO. 

​But who is circulating most of these "rumours"?

Does McClaren have to deny every rumour? There are rumours everyday in football, players, managers. Just part of it.

​But who is circulating most of these "rumours"?

Does McClaren have to deny every rumour? There are rumours everyday in football, players, managers. Just part of it.

He should be more categorical in his answers to the rumours.

Example question. 

Steve are you going to Newcastle .

Answer no I'm not leaving Derby until my contract is finished and I love it at Derby and I want to be here for a long time and my ambition is to get this great club promoted. 

The John Percy article in the Telegraph:

Steve McClaren's future at Derby County plunged back into doubt

Former England manager will meet with Derby chief executive on Thursday with position increasingly uncertain and he could leave club in next 48 hours

Steve McClaren's future at Derby County has been plunged back into doubt as he heads for crunch talks with the club hierarchy.

McClaren will meet with Derby chief executive Sam Rush on Thursday with his position increasingly uncertain and he could even depart the iPro Stadium in the next 48 hours.

Paul Clement, the Real Madrid No 2, is understood to have already been targeted as a potential replacement if McClaren leaves the club after just over 20 months in charge.

Rush flew out to New York last week to meet Derby's American owners and it is believed McClaren's future was one of the main topics of debate after their remarkable late season collapse.

Derby missed out on a play-off place on the final day of the Cha‎mpionship season and there has been growing frustration behind the scenes over the speculation linking the former England manager with the Newcastle job.

McClaren had told Derby he wanted to stay after rejecting the chance to take over at Newcastle for the final three games of the Premier League season.

But Derby are due to appoint Mel Morris, the Candy Crush tycoon, as their new chairman and McClaren fears he could be a casualty of the new regime.

Rush will demand assurances from the 54-year-old over his commitment to the job, while he is also expected to discuss the budget that will be available for next season. Sources have claimed the meeting "could go either way".

Clement has support in the Derby board room and is a likely target if McClaren's reign is finished.

This is madness - I thought we'd finally put all this uncertainty to bed and could focus on next season - and here we are back to square one! 

My two cents: I'd be disappointed if the Mac goes - his one + 3/4 seasons have been great fun (despite the disappointments), and I would've thought after the loyalty we'd shown Nige in adversity, the Mac would've deserved another crack at getting us promoted.

This is madness - I thought we'd finally put all this uncertainty to bed and could focus on next season - and here we are back to square one! 

My two cents: I'd be disappointed if the Mac goes - his one + 3/4 seasons have been great fun (despite the disappointments), and I would've thought after the loyalty we'd shown Nige in adversity, the Mac would've deserved another crack at getting us promoted.

​The old regime were loyal. Rush is pragmatic, and we love him for it.

He should be more categorical in his answers to the rumours.

Example question. 

Steve are you going to Newcastle .

Answer no I'm not leaving Derby until my contract is finished and I love it at Derby and I want to be here for a long time and my ambition is to get this great club promoted. 

​I'm pretty sure that's what I heard him say a couple of times.

My pennyworth.

1. The fundamental key to next season is the relationship between the manager and the players. We, quite frankly, do not know how that sits at the moment. The performances during the last 13 games particularly the final game give me cause for concern. IF there was a problem is it or can it be fixed by McClaren. That is the deciding factor for me.

2. Mel Morris. If he is wanting a higher stake in DCFC or even possibly wanting to buy out the others its costing him literally a fortune. If that was me I would want to make absolutely sure or as sure as I could be that the manager is 110%committed. What I heard from McClaren during last season would give me doubt enough to question him at length.

I guess that is what is going on right now.

I'd be surprised if they had this meeting and mac stayed tbh, surely they don't need another meeting to ask for his commitment, if he'd given it 100 per cent before he went on holiday then they wouldn't need to do this but if he didn't behind closed doors I think he will be moved on. Rush and Morris have probably got fed up with his lack of commitment and are probably worryingly looking at the collapse and mainly that last game of the season which was the only time to me it looked like he'd lost the dressing room. We needed a point against Reading, just a point to get in the play offs but you wouldn't have thought it from the effort that was put in.

Ill be very surprised if Mac is still manager by saturday, Ill thank him for all his work if he goes and if he stays I'll still stay behind him. But with the speculation so rife again that he's leaving its just starting to look mere impossible for him to carry on.

Archived