Paul Clement...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't ignore SM's win ratio but the collapse from the Fulham game onwards was very worrying and the failure to reverse the trend did leave some serious questions. On balance though now I would want SM to stay but if he had/does go my favoured replacement is now at Leeds. Regarding PC the Championship as we all know is extremely difficult to get promoted from and on that basis alone I would go for experience and some kind of track record it's just too important to take a risk. It would be interesting to know exactly what PC's input level is at Real is it individual coaching, does he act solely on the managers instructions or is he more Involved on a tactical and set up level as it's the latter we need.

You can't ignore SM's win ratio but the collapse from the Fulham game onwards was very worrying and the failure to reverse the trend did leave some serious questions. On balance though now I would want SM to stay but if he had/does go my favoured replacement is now at Leeds. Regarding PC the Championship as we all know is extremely difficult to get promoted from and on that basis alone I would go for experience and some kind of track record it's just too important to take a risk. It would be interesting to know exactly what PC's input level is at Real is it individual coaching, does he act solely on the managers instructions or is he more Involved on a tactical and set up level as it's the latter we need.

Uwe rosler? Really? Come onn he's ****

I think we should go for Warburton over PC to be honest. MW has a track record in the championship and got Brentford a very long way on a limited budget and found some real gems. But PC has been at the highest level for a very long time maybe it's the right time to give him a go just look how karanka has done. 

Aint the whole reason Warburton is leaving Brentford because he didnt want to be a head coach? 

​I think it's more because they want to sign players based on statistics etc whereas he wants to sign players on how they actually perform in a 90 minute game.

PistoldPete2

Interesting - Clement is represented by WMG.. ring any bells, Mr Rush?

Yes interesting, but aren't WMG now part of IMG. 

​I think it's more because they want to sign players based on statistics etc whereas he wants to sign players on how they actually perform in a 90 minute game.

​Fair enough, still if he isnt comfortable working with a DOF and would rather be full manager, is this the best fit for him?

Problem I would have with Warburton is that I'm scarred by Paul Jewell...

he he did well at Wigan, Bradford... 

Not it so well at us... Sheff Wed... 

See lee the pattern? Think it would be a massive step up for him

Wasn't Karanka assistant manager manager at Real with Mourinho which suggests more discretion than a coach? I agree he has done an excellent job at Middlesbrough. This season is a very important one for DCFC after missing our objectives last time and for me it is a time for experience and know-how and using every tactic we can to achieve our target. This means knowing the league the players the clubs the grounds etc it's not a time for experiments the priority is results an obvious statement I know but going for a coach who's been out of the English game for three years and who played at non-league level? West Brom appointed a coach last year and then put the experienced Pulis in to save their status. That's why my choice if there had to be one would have been Rosler; top level playing experience, good foundations laid at Brentford which Warburton benefitted from, fired far too early at Wigan, anyway not going to happen now let's hope SM stays.

I think if McClaren goes and Clement comes in our objectives for the season change completely.

With McClaren: Promotion. Failure to get promoted should result in us parting company.

With Clement: Challenge for promotion but not really setting promotion as a minimum target. If we get close and can build again the following season that is acceptable. You can't really expect a man to win promotion in his first ever season as the main man.

Would be a backward step. But it could be a case of one step backwards for two steps forward rather than treading water.

I think if McClaren goes and Clement comes in our objectives for the season change completely.

With McClaren: Promotion. Failure to get promoted should result in us parting company.

With Clement: Challenge for promotion but not really setting promotion as a minimum target. If we get close and can build again the following season that is acceptable. You can't really expect a man to win promotion in his first ever season as the main man.

Would be a backward step. But it could be a case of one step backwards for two steps forward rather than treading water.

The target has to be set as promotion and then you recruit to achieve it - rather than the other way around 

The target has to be set as promotion and then you recruit to achieve it - rather than the other way around 

​Would be extremely harsh to sack someone for say failing to get up in their first season due to finishing 3rd on GD then losing the play-offs. If McClaren stays, despite sacking him in the same situation being harsh, three failed promotion attempts would point towards a change.

Although Clement has world class pedigree, he's never had this role before so of course will need to learn as he goes.

Archived