Paul Clement...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said on here a few weeks that senior people at the club were still not expecting McClaren to be here at the beginning of the season and it looks like this has not changed.

I heard that Clement had been interviewed but he was not the name I heard as a replacement. It appears the name I heard will now not be McClaren's replacement (if he leaves) so maybe Clement is in with a shout.

What's going on at the Rams.

Do Derby want McClaren to stay ? 

HITC Article  

Steve McClaren's future at Derby in doubt, with Paul Clement in line to replace him

HITC Sport understands Steve McClaren's future at DerbyCounty is in doubt, with Real Madrid's Paul Clement being lined up to replace him.

View image | gettyimages.com

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club Steve McClaren's future at Derby County is shrouded in doubt, with Real Madrid's Paul Clement being lined up to replace him.

McClaren recently committed his future to Derby after he turned down the opportunity to take charge of struggling Premier League outfit Newcastle United.

Former England boss McClaren had figured prominently on Newcastle's wanted list of candidates ever since Alan Pardew left for Crystal Palace in December.

McClaren was thought to be offered the chance earlier this month to take charge of Newcastle for the final three matches of the season, as they looked to the former Middlesbrough manager to steer them to survival.

However, McClaren informed Derby officials he had no plans to take charge of the Magpies and planned to stay at Derby and lead their promotion bid next season.

However, HITC Sports understands Derby are ready to call time on McClaren's tenure after a disastrous run of form at the back end of the season put paid to their promotion hopes.

SEE ALSO: Report: Coach linked with Derby role but two things need to happen

Clement's own future at Real Madrid is in doubt as speculation surrounds Carlo Ancelotti's position at the Bernabeu, with the Spanish giants ending the season without any silverware.

Clement, who has been Ancelotti's assistant at Chelsea, Paris Saint Germain and Real, is thought to be keen to move into management in his own right and a number of clubs in England are thought to be admirers of the highly-rated coach.

Should Derby keep faith with McClaren?

List page image © Eamon Curry

What's going on at the Rams.

Do Derby want McClaren to stay ? 

HITC Article  

Steve McClaren's future at Derby in doubt, with Paul Clement in line to replace him

HITC Sport understands Steve McClaren's future at DerbyCounty is in doubt, with Real Madrid's Paul Clement being lined up to replace him.

View image | gettyimages.com

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club Steve McClaren's future at Derby County is shrouded in doubt, with Real Madrid's Paul Clement being lined up to replace him.

McClaren recently committed his future to Derby after he turned down the opportunity to take charge of struggling Premier League outfit Newcastle United.

Former England boss McClaren had figured prominently on Newcastle's wanted list of candidates ever since Alan Pardew left for Crystal Palace in December.

McClaren was thought to be offered the chance earlier this month to take charge of Newcastle for the final three matches of the season, as they looked to the former Middlesbrough manager to steer them to survival.

However, McClaren informed Derby officials he had no plans to take charge of the Magpies and planned to stay at Derby and lead their promotion bid next season.

However, HITC Sports understands Derby are ready to call time on McClaren's tenure after a disastrous run of form at the back end of the season put paid to their promotion hopes.

SEE ALSO: Report: Coach linked with Derby role but two things need to happen

Clement's own future at Real Madrid is in doubt as speculation surrounds Carlo Ancelotti's position at the Bernabeu, with the Spanish giants ending the season without any silverware.

Clement, who has been Ancelotti's assistant at Chelsea, Paris Saint Germain and Real, is thought to be keen to move into management in his own right and a number of clubs in England are thought to be admirers of the highly-rated coach.

Should Derby keep faith with McClaren?

List page image © Eamon Curry

That site is full of bs. 

A website where anyone can write an article about any club full of Bs? I don't believe you

Yeah like the one about Wisdom return to Derby because of 'favorite the tweet' 

Something's not quite right with this constant speculation. 

Or people won't leave it alone? Like Brett Wilson said few weeks ago there will be PUBLIC statements if anything happens and will let us know. Still no public statements at all. 

A bit strange that we would be changing out manager only days after it was reported we had bid good money for a defender, rumoured to be in for Jota amongst other players.

After Reading game I would have been happy if McLaren had gone, the more I think about it, if he goes we can kiss goodbye to signing Bent or Ince and the re-building starts all over again.

I also think if Clement was to come in, I imagine that would be because the Americans have said no more money for players, you need to work with what you have and get us up.....hence a new manager/coach who can get the best out of what we have.

My final thought is, while we have McLaren as manager we will have speculation like this, a different month, a different prem team sacking will bring new speculation.........is it worth it?

PistoldPete2

​Good.  

Ticket sales, pricing, away games accommodation and travel, pre season friendly training and accommodation arrangements, the Holland tour, avoiding injuries next season, new players, new pitch, pre match music, more scraves, flags and bullions, new kit, new stock in the shop, more corporate sponsors for throw ins and goal kicks, defending the club against a stupid FA charge at Millwall, new club captain, improve the website, FFP all under discussion then.  

Well yes... Or maybe there is summat up. I think we will soon find out whether it's all BS or not.

7th of June. 

Spanish  La Liga finishes 6th of June. 

La Liga finishes this weekend. 6th June is Champions League Final. 

Yes so it could be announced earlier then but it's just another rumour .

I heard  7th of June is significant though. 

Rumour is Mickey Mouse buying the club this weekend but again it's rumours. 

A bit strange that we would be changing out manager only days after it was reported we had bid good money for a defender, rumoured to be in for Jota amongst other players.

After Reading game I would have been happy if McLaren had gone, the more I think about it, if he goes we can kiss goodbye to signing Bent or Ince and the re-building starts all over again.

I also think if Clement was to come in, I imagine that would be because the Americans have said no more money for players, you need to work with what you have and get us up.....hence a new manager/coach who can get the best out of what we have.

My final thought is, while we have McLaren as manager we will have speculation like this, a different month, a different prem team sacking will bring new speculation.........is it worth it?

Yes it's worth it, better to have speculation over our successful manager (hopefully!), than no one else being interested because we're mid table filler.

Something's not quite right with this constant speculation. 

​Yep.

The speculators are dullards, boneheads and fuckwits - and that's their best points.

Archived