Paul Clement...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New managers of championship clubs are minuscule markets for bookies, worth no more than tens of pounds. The odds mean nothing.

McClaren's always been committed to the club and is going nowhere ... thankfully.

​Well that much is currently correct. Last year he was off to the States with Rush to meet owners / GSE, whereas this year it was just Rush and Mel Morris that went and we haven't heard anything on how that trip went. So his position within the club has fallen in so much that he is no longer regarded as an essential component of that meeting.

​Well that much is currently correct. Last year he was off to the States with Rush to meet owners / GSE, whereas this year it was just Rush and Mel Morris that went and we haven't heard anything on how that trip went. So his position within the club has fallen in so much that he is no longer regarded as an essential component of that meeting.

​interesting observation. Could be a simple explanation, could be a conspiracy.

Or maybe Mac and Chris Evans do things at Derby, let Rush and Morris meet the owners etc and maybe spoke to Mac via videoconference? Just a thought though. 

​why can't they just come out and deny the story

It would be a full-time job, given the insecurity of many posters.

​unless mac tripped over a blade of grass and is now out of action for 6 months, or he is busy finding £10m players for free.

Well the divisive Mr Nixon is hinting that we might have been a little frustrated by McClaren 'flirting' with Newcastle and in preparation, we 'flirted' with Clement and the current overall state is a little awkward.

Nixon is sometimes very wrong but I do think there could be something in this...

As I've stated before, I prefer stability but the facts state we were worse in McClaren's second season and failed to make the play-offs. Yes, there were reasons but if the board decided there was a deeper root cause behind our failings and a new coach is the way to go, I can half-understand it.

​Didn't know that. Is it definite he didn't go? In his interviews at the end of the season I'm sure he said he was going to the states to see the owners.

It sounds to me we are keeping our options open. Mac is committed at the moment in his words, and is by the sounds going about his job as he would normally which is commendable if he is on the way.

I'm happy either way, both have their own coaching expertise!

All these rumours are not good for our summer plans, we need to sort eveything out and the club need to either state what's happening so we can focus, Owen Bradley is right it's all gone quite. Gonna be an intresting few days 

If I'm being honest I am still very worried about our end of season capitulation. I understand the injuries etc. but that defeat to Reading was something else. Don't forget it was still in our hands to get into the play offs and we just didn't turn up. The apparent lack of commitment/belief during that game was embarrassing. I regard myself as level headed but sorry, something isn't right.

PistoldPete2

I think there could be something in this.... Sam rush can be clinical as he showed when nige was sacked. 

Anyone posted this yet?

further down the convo owen also said

"not sure I'd call it a farce. There's something going on, just not exactly sure what, yet. Wish I could tell you more!"

So you have Nixon saying get the popcorn, Bradley saying everything has gone quiet, the spanish press saying we are after Paul Clement and MackworthRam saying strange things happening and its going round the twist. 

Maybe its a suprise party for Owen!!!!!

ps

LOVE YOU OWEN

Archived