Paul Clement...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading about PC. He certinly has the most awfully tragic of family circumstances.

Most people may be aware that his father played for Qpr and committed suicide when Paul was 10. It must have been dreadful. His father stabbed himself and swallowed weed killer at his father in laws house. But it gets worse. His dads younger brother was murdered three year earlier. And his Dads other brother was murdered in 2006. His body was not recovered until 2011. And finally his Dads mother also committed suicide when Dave was 7. 

God almighty. He deserves a chance for some success and happiness.

lets hope things go well.....and if they don't well please don't give him too much grief eh?

I was reading about PC. He certinly has the most awfully tragic of family circumstances.

Most people may be aware that his father played for Qpr and committed suicide when Paul was 10. It must have been dreadful. His father stabbed himself and swallowed weed killer at his father in laws house. But it gets worse. His dads younger brother was murdered three year earlier. And his Dads other brother was murdered in 2006. His body was not recovered until 2011. And finally his Dads mother also committed suicide when Dave was 7. 

lets hope things go well.....and if they don't well please don't give him too much grief eh?

​Wow - thanks for posting this.

A truly awful story. 

Puts football into perspective.

That stuff hardens you. When you've been through that, you're not afraid of a promotion push are you? Perhaps he can share some of his backbone with the lads.

​Interesting, and equally tragic.  Without knowing this, I got the impression that he is pretty tough and no nonsense.  Let's make him feel loved!

Awful reading about Clements past :(

Back to Ancellotti though, reading Zlatans book, of which he has worked with many managers, Ancelotti was like a father to him and he will always look up to him.

Wonder if Clement will be able to get this admiration from our players, I ruddy hope so

• 2 weeks later...

It is becoming obvious to me that Paul Clenent is not going to be saying anything that does not need to be said. He will do his talking on the pitch, I think. He strikes me as a man who gets people on board by proving that what he is seeking to do is working in practice. He has made it clear that he is going for automatic promotion. At the rate that is trying to sign players, he will have a job to do to get all the players to gel. The fixtures out today give us Boro at home in game three. It will be extremely interesting to see how he tackles that one. A draw would be an improvement for us. Probably a six pointer more or less straight away. We seem to have nearly all the top teams at home before playing them away, apart from Hull.

• 1 month later...

Archived