Paul Clement...

no eddy Not as much as you. You're like a baby girl sometimes. 

​At least I know how to quote somebody, so I suppose that's one up for baby girls.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an aside, didn't realise until just now that he is the brother of former West Brom defender Neil Clement whom we  remember so fondly playing a role in our great Wembley day out eight years ago.

Right, I've stopped being interesting.....time for bed.

Crazy few hours! 

I can understand why Rush may move McClaren on even if he doesn't have a job lined up. He strikes me as a man who is very black and white. He won't have been happy with the league finish and he won't have been happy with the speculation. Clement is a seriously good prospect, a gamble, sure, but a huge prospect all the same. 

He was my first choice if McClaren was to go. I like the structure currently in place and Warburton left his role at Brentford to get away from just that. 

What we need is a coach and there are few higher placed than Clement. I like that he's had to work hard to get where he is too. It's not like he was a former player with a big reputation - he was a school teacher at one point. 

Whatever happens, whoever is manager, I think it's going to be an exciting summer all the same. 

I'm having mixed feelings about this potential appointment. On the one hand he will give some of the flops from last season (won't name them but you have a good idea)another chance to prove themselves when we have seen that they are not up for the challenge, whereas I'm convinced that Mac would sell them on and reinvest. On the other hand he could be a sensation like Rodgers would Swansea

My thoughts are that I'm surprised if McClaren goes, I'm also surprised by any person that thinks this is a good thing or is happy. McClaren brought us the most entertaining and winning football we have seen for years, yes we collapsed after January but 3 DM's and 2 strikers out injured was always going to be difficult to cope with. 

IF he goes today I will look back at his time here fondly with a disappointment that he was either a) Not allowed to stay and finish the job or b) Decided to leave without finishing the job.

Paul Clement I will stay open minded and give the bloke a chance, expectations should also be lowered, this is his first managerial job despite an impressive assistant CV, don't give me it's a head coach job either, he's the manager in every way expect transfers. If you're expecting automatic promotion with Bale, Jese, and Benzema on loan then you are in for a season of disappointment.

Steve Clarke, assistant at Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, West Ham.......Reading finished 19th, comprende?

Potentially a sad day with the start of an unknown era with regards to style of football, transfers. The summer has just got very interesting.

Only concern with me is with Clement working with world class players the past few years, his coaching techniques would evolve to suit these players. Would the same techniques work with players that aren't at the same level? Would be frustrating for everyone. But at the minute it's irrelevant. McClaren is still in charge, I think! 

My thoughts are that I'm surprised if McClaren goes, I'm also surprised by any person that thinks this is a good thing or is happy. McClaren brought us the most entertaining and winning football we have seen for years, yes we collapsed after January but 3 DM's and 2 strikers out injured was always going to be difficult to cope with. 

IF he goes today I will look back at his time here fondly with a disappointment that he was either a) Not allowed to stay and finish the job or b) Decided to leave without finishing the job.

Paul Clement I will stay open minded and give the bloke a chance, expectations should also be lowered, this is his first managerial job despite an impressive assistant CV, don't give me it's a head coach job either, he's the manager in every way expect transfers. If you're expecting automatic promotion with Bale, Jese, and Benzema on loan then you are in for a season of disappointment.

Steve Clarke, assistant at Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, West Ham.......Reading finished 19th, comprende?

Potentially a sad day with the start of an unknown era with regards to style of football, transfers. The summer has just got very interesting.

Karanka assistant at Madrid, Boro play off final, comprende ;) 

I think with all the rumours McClarens position has become untenable .

The speculation isn't going to go away and its detrimental to the team and Rush had to act IMO

Paul Clement is a big unknown to me and I suspect many other Derby fans  

Archived