Alan Nixon summer 2015 rumours

Ambitious

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shotton and 750k for Dunk and done deal please.

Good job is you're not the person to deal with these transfers etc. Maybe on FM or Fifa. 

Good job is you're not the person to deal with these transfers etc. Maybe on FM or Fifa. 

​What would you value him at then? If rumours are true and £1 mil has been rejected then you could expect towards £1.5mil before it's considered. Shotton was bought for 500k and I'd definitely say he ain't gone up in value since he's joined us.

I'm curious on what you'd pay for Dunk? Or if a player was included what would the fee be then?

​was rated the second best centre back in the league on stats. 

​Fozzy was also rated the best LB. He's a good LB for this league but not the best. Just like Dunk is a good CB for this league but not in the top 2 with Keogh. Saying that I'd still like to see him here. To be rated in the top 2 defenders even on just stats alone in a relegation battling side is very good indeed.

​was rated the second best centre back in the league on stats. 

​Raul was highly rated in la liga spains top division and now ridiculed in the championship as is Keogh who is also chastised stats mean nothing

​Raul was highly rated in la liga spains top division and now ridiculed in the championship as is Keogh who is also chastised stats mean nothing

​Oh yeah I remember how much Albentosa is ridiculed in the championship, the humiliation of having a defender not perform in his first 6 games, in a foreign country, where he doesn't know the language.

Of course stats mean something -they're just not the be all and end all some posters on here seem to think

He's had a couple 'disappointing' games in half a dozen performances for peeps sake. It's hardly as if our squad has been brimming with confidence and on fire whilst he's been the stand-out poor performer. If you want to ridicule his performances I'd take a close look at players very near to him on the pitch and ridicule them further.

Must be the only fan who thinks shotton is good, probably our best 

​I like him as well, he needs a run of games to get his sharpness and he will be good i think. He seems to be in one week dropped for 2 or 3 weeks then back in. Hard to get form doing that

​I like Shotton and I think he gets a lot of unfair stick from people on here, he is a good squad player as he can play in multiple positions and puts 100% into every game.

​Just because he can play in multiple positions and gives 100% doesn't make him a good player. 

Jack of all trades, the master of none.

Shotton isn't good enough at RB for a playoff/top 2 team as he offers nothing going forward in a passing sense and he can't cross. 

Shotton at CB when he is on form he is decent but he doesn't have the consistency to have high performance levels through the whole season. 

Shotton is a great option for the bench in case a RB or CB gets injured but in my opinion he isn't good enough to start in either of those positions. 

​Just because he can play in multiple positions and gives 100% doesn't make him a good player. 

Jack of all trades, the master of none.

Shotton isn't good enough at RB for a playoff/top 2 team as he offers nothing going forward in a passing sense and he can't cross. 

Shotton at CB when he is on form he is decent but he doesn't have the consistency to have high performance levels through the whole season. 

Shotton is a great option for the bench in case a RB or CB gets injured but in my opinion he isn't good enough to start in either of those positions. 

​Perhaps that's the reason he was signed? Experienced utility man as a back up and option?

Propably played more than planned...

Gotta love how some are so quick to slag off younger players that are just at the start of their careers, in terms of playing 1st team football.

I forget that all these posters, that are quick to get the knives out, where born experts in their field, where walking first day and could balance e=mc2.

Please, if you can do better, stop posting and go talk to Steve, I am sure he will listen.

#givethekidsachance

Archived