Derby County vs Brentford

Carl Sagan

​I'd be much, much more concerned if Christie and Forsyth were back at LB & RB. At least we have experience in full back positions in this formation, who can guide Fozzy along, Albentosa i thought was good against Wigan 

Totally agree 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will never understand how Bryson and Hendrick turn into the chuckle brothers without Thorne holding their hand and telling them to stop playing like a glitch on FIFA. But I guess in a 4-2-3-1 system they probably won't be playing side by side. 

That said, I genuinely think Bryson has been brilliant recently. He's taken a lot of responsibility with the ball and he's stopped ghosting when the chips are down. Thought he was particularly good at Boro at home.

​Agreed, I think Bryson has been slated a lot recently, but how can he get back to anything like his form last season when he is drafted in and out. He was possibly one of the only players making runs beyond midfield trying to help Russell out.

​played together when we whipped forest 5-0 so your argument is dross as per

That's 1 game in 5 years. Anymore?

If I name the ones they've been bossed in and you name the ones they've bossed I bet I win. 

Same team but Martin in for Ward and Bryson in for Hughes. Then take Martin off around 65/70mins as we're winning though. 

Bryson and Hendrick together in a midfield 2. You must be a corner short of a full flag.

Gotta win today, see what happens above us. Most likely outcome is its the day we realise the Autos are too much. 

Lose today, fall out of the playoffs and make it likely we will only get 6th at best. What a disaster this season has been so far...

​It's only been a disaster in the last six weeks or so. Til then, everything was going fine. 

Watching Bournemouth beat Brighton last night showed though where we've gone wrong too often. Brighton played a similar game against them as they did against us. Bournemouth were woeful but defended stoutly and when they finally got near the Brighton goal late on scored twice. Just what they needed at this stage of the season. The commentators were also lauding them that they've played a very settled team all season; again something that we haven't due in part to injuries but also a lot of chopping and changing voluntarily.

Making nine points on them now is going to be nigh on impossible, so we're realistically looking at second spot at best. As you say, at 5pm today, with only 12 points to play for from then, will tell us whether we're still in the hunt. 

Archived