Derby County vs Brentford

Carl Sagan

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This draw could be absolutely massive in the race to make the playoffs.

We really got away with one here as Brentford were by far the better team.

Makes no difference, we have totally shat it. even if we make the playoffs we wont win em, teams in there are far too strong for us now. Confidence has totally gone.

We no way in hell deserved that. I would feel sorry for Brentford but we're in no position to be taking pity on our luck over others. Brentford should have won this 4 or 5-0 and they didn't that's their fault.

What this means is automatics is now 99% gone, but we knew that anyway. We will remain in the top 6 today no matter what, either 5th or 6th, it doesn't matter. It's still in our hands and we should, fingers crossed, beat Blackpool on Tuesday then have three winnable games with Hughes back, and a fitter CM.

I was impressed with Brentford bar their ability to put the ball in the net. Pritchard looks like a class act, would I have him here next year? Yes! Warburton is a good manager and has his side well organised, I'd also welcome him here should Steve left.

How important could that goal be? Who knows. In terms of league position and points it could be vital. Poor performance, were never really in it bar the first 10 minutes, but at this stage of the season points are more important than performances.

COYR.

We were absolutely appalling today. Terrible. They were better in every facet of the game.

We look like we've run out of ideas, and at best we'll limp into the playoffs. Forsyth, clearance aside, had a rubbish game. Hard to pinpoint anyone after that - everybody was pretty shocking. They should have been 3 or 4-0 up.

Completely undeserved point. We need some kind of drastic change to get us out of this slump. If things don't change soon I think people will be calling for Mac's head. 

The lack of a DM is seriosuly a killer. I can't stress how bad Hendrick and Bryson are as a midfield two, they're utter tripe. They can get away with alongside Hughes and Thorne/Eustace for instance, but as a midfield two alone - pathetic.

Defence looked an absolute mess. Albentosa and Forsyth's distribution was beyond bad.

Martin left wing? Destroyed everything good about him.

The face we had no right winger and Keogh offers nothing going forward made it so easy for them. Ince was anonymous in the middle, Bent offers movement and goals but for general teamplay he was poor.

I've been crying out for Dawks in the middle for a long time. Did more in 45 mins than Bryson and Hendrick in 90mins put together. He was good in the tackle too.

Got away with one here. Brentford should have scored at least three

Without Keogh or Buxton at CB we're unable to play it out at all. This is even more of a problem without a proper DM to come and take it off the centre halves as Albentosa and Forsyth simply don't have the ability to pick out a pass under any kind of pressure. Thought Whitbread looked far better in this regard when he came on, but it may be due to Brentford sitting off a bit.

Not a clue what Martin was doing on the left in the second half and I'm not sure he knew either. Dawkins looked alright, Keogh better than I was expecting at RB, only got run a couple of times and offered an option going forward even if his final ball isn't up to much. The rest, anonymous would be about as kind as I could be so I'll leave it at that.

If Hendrick's pass to bent was intentional rather than a shot then that was very clever bar that he and bryson played woefully, to say we are missing Hughes and a dm is one of the biggest understatements of this season.... 

Archived