Derby County vs Brentford

Carl Sagan

Hope we dont see this Bent/Martin combination again.

Martin totally wasted dropping deeper like he did today.

Bent is also a complete passenger in games like today. He's ok when you're dominating possession with an opposition that sit back. Compare him to their front 4, all quick, busy, wanted the ball and never stopped moving.

Get Martin back where he belong, stick Ince behind him with two wide men. 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant

Crystie         Keogh          Whitbread          Warnock

Hanson

Hendrick                 Hughes

Ince                          Martin                        Russell

Drop Bent?? The only one regularly scoring...hmmm!

Bent is also a complete passenger in games like today. He's ok when you're dominating possession with an opposition that sit back. Compare him to their front 4, all quick, busy, wanted the ball and never stopped moving.

i agree with this , Martin has to be the focal point Uptop and if that means bent on the bench so be it

Agreed. If we play both together then both need to be right up front

Would love to see Dawkisn start alongside Hughes in central midfield.

Why play Hendrick or Bryson? They can't tackle, and their 'physical presence' actually offers us nothing.

Dawks racked up 92.9% completed passes and his vision was superb. Pity the strikers were off.

Why play Hendrick or Bryson? They can't tackle, and their 'physical presence' actually offers us nothing.

Dawks racked up 92.9% completed passes and his vision was superb. Pity the strikers were off.

100% right. Bryson is a headless chicken and hendrick is mr backwards pass,which i might add can't even do effectively. Dawkins is a must if we want to dominate teams again and play him centrally,not on the wing

Drop Bent?? The only one regularly scoring...hmmm!

​When Bent plays well, Bent plays well. When Martin plays well, everyone plays well. We need to get the team playing how it was when it was at it's best and that was with Martin in a 4-3-3

​played together when we whipped forest 5-0 so your argument is dross as per

Like I said. Rubbish together once control is taken off them.

They were rubbish together under Nigel

They're rubbish together under Mac. The odd time when all players are playing well and keeping the ball they manage to look competent. 

Never have they turned a game between them. As soon as Brentford got control I knew we wouldn't get it back. 

His vision was superb? He didn't create a single chance in a whole half. I give him his due he keeps the ball well but he doesn't create anything

Like I said. Rubbish together once control is taken off them.

They were rubbish together under Nigel

They're rubbish together under Mac. The odd time when all players are playing well and keeping the ball they manage to look competent. 

Never have they turned a game between them. As soon as Brentford got control I knew we wouldn't get it back. 

Bryson is an attacking midfielder and right now he is being told to sit in the middle of the park and not get forward , that much is obvious and he'd be as well not playing there but if he's asked to do a job for the team he will 

Chris Martin is obviously told to play on the left wing second half and that doesn't make sense either 

some of the managers decisions recently are just plain silly and I dont get it 

Anyone hear Ramage getting called on his bull crap earlier by a caller?

:D

​yes! he said "i hardly ever say something specials happening here" and then he said it 5 mins later!!!

His vision was superb? He didn't create a single chance in a whole half. I give him his due he keeps the ball well but he doesn't create anything

​Bit unlucky with that ball through to Bent that the keeper just got to.

'Vision' then was decent.

One of the few positives today was Dawkins in the second half. I'd bulk him up, toughen him up and try to turn him into a centre mid. His control, awareness and keeping of possession was excellent today. 

Bryson is an attacking midfielder and right now he is being told to sit in the middle of the park and not get forward , that much is obvious and he'd be as well not playing there but if he's asked to do a job for the team he will 

But he won't Valley. I don't blame your man, I blame Mac, but as I posted before the game and so did many, Bryson and Hendrick just do not work as a pair. Bryson was pretty much to blame for our goal. Off Hendrick goes on one of his forward mazy runs (you just know he is going to lose it) and Bryson is chasing behind like an excitable Jack Russell. Look where he is when they break.  Hanson should have played. He might be young and inexperienced, but at least he sits, and knows how to play the defensive position. I agree Mac lost it today sticking Martin on the wing - Bent saved him and our season with a fluke goal. 

Chris Martin is obviously told to play on the left wing second half and that doesn't make sense either 

some of the managers decisions recently are just plain silly and I dont get it 

I watched him and Hendrick specifically today. They were all over the place. Awful defensively. Hendrick tried to force the game a bit tbf.

Watch them for the goal. Bryson starts off in a good position and then charges off into an awful one. 

They can't play together. They haven't got qualities that cover each others weaknesses. As a lone 2 in midfield... how many years does it take before it sinks in

Mcclaren is so stupid at times. Why play Russell when he has been sick all day and when we have 3 capable wingers on the bench?

Also I never want to see hendrick and bryson in the same team again. It's like watching dumb and dumber, i was tearing my hair out at times watching them.

Thirdly,was it his masterplan to play martin at lw. If that is the best he can come up I will happily drive him up to newcastle myself.

Don't get me started on forsyth. At least buxton's distribution was good before he got injured a few games ago.

Archived