Derby County vs Brentford

Carl Sagan

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m going for 1, 3, 3, 4 for testing the microphone, as I’ll do this team selection thing once and once only as it’s a waste of time and some folk clearly have more time to waste than others.

Eddy Grant – Might start singing “Baby Come Back” if he punches the ball and the ball starts spinning in the wrong direction again.

Kimberly Warnock – Under the stage name ”Tiffany” might start singing “I Think We’re Alone Now” if one ends up in the changing rooms early doors for seeing another pointless red card aka Reading game.

Orla Keogh – The Xfactor who looks like some sort of Scandinavian goddess for the alternative set. With her long, blue-grey hair, tattoos and patterned jumpsuit, Orla looks like someone you’d buy two or three records from, even if her voice doesn’t quite blow you away………….ermmm obviously.

Bill Forsyth – Might play like any of the girls out of “Gregory’s Girl”, could be the “Local Hero” and might even bring “Comfort and Joy”

Hanson – Might play “Middle of Nowhere”, but could take a corner, and before you know it the crowd could be “Rockin Robin” again, and singing “Johhny B Goode” for some other bloke

Jimi Hendrick – “Are You Experienced” international star that, although his mainstream career might span only four years due to the lack of tracking back, or doing anything when there. Regularly missing in a “Purple Haze”

Bill Bryson – Likes to travel all over the place, can be quite funny, can score 3 in one game and “I’m A Stranger Here Myself” in another.

Robin Ince – Could be in Australia instead of playing for the England U21’s, but more likely to be in Hull where he’ll see a bit more culture or on the radio for “Tears of A Clown”

Chris Martin – “Magic” one that always gives everything, reads the game, he’s “Bigger Stronger” he “Don’t Panic” he will “Fix You” and he will “God Put a Smile upon Your Face” so “Everything’s Not Lost”

We’ve been “Lost!” without him, “So Sad” he’s been out so long, but it’s “Such a Rush” to have him back, and “What If” we still go up, will he still wear our “Yellow” strip, “Yes” let’s hope so  

Andy Russell – “What a Diff’rence a Day Made” at Wigan, got them crosses in and “Amor” and “Besame Mucho” more please.

Bent – electronica act from Nottingham in England, interested in their own “Private Road”, and “Bank”, needs a clip round the “Thick Ear” to get motivated and can easily fall back into a “Silent Life”

Right team picked, time for lunch.

Seeing as we won our last game, and the fact Hughes is suspended I would play:

Grant

Keogh    Alby Forsyth      Warnock

Hanson Hendrick

Russell                              Ince

.                 Martin

.                  Bent

I wonder if Whitbread may come in - he's a left-sided CB, and Warnock was cramping up at the end vs. Wigan..

Keogh - Albentosa - Whitbread - Forsyth   

Doesn't look too bad that, only one player out of his most common position... Probably going to get shot down for it though

I wonder if Whitbread may come in - he's a left-sided CB, and Warnock was cramping up at the end vs. Wigan..

Keogh - Albentosa - Whitbread - Forsyth   

Doesn't look too bad that, only one player out of his most common position... Probably going to get shot down for it though

​I don't think we need defensive qualities IF we are playing two defensive people. Just one has to cover the other.

I wouldn't put Hanson in at all - I didn't see enough in his two games to see he offers anything apart from receiving the ball from the defence, and passing it back to the defence. I'm not saying Bryson and Hendrick is ideal (Thorne and Hughes looks and probably is better) but they both have a lot of experience now, and their main job is to hold and hassle. Judging by the Wigan game, we bypassed a lot of the midfield. In the first half we bypassed everything by giving the ball back to Wigan players and in the second half we bypassed the midfield by giving the ball to Martin.

Everything is so key on Martin in my opinion. We need 60 minutes from him, so he can give us another 60 minutes on Tuesday.

Agree about Hansons passing. That's why I don't like him there on his own. I'd rather the person alongside him begin that first phase.

I just hate Hendrick and Bryson together. The statue and the whippet. I have zero faith in them having any decent partnership after our game with Forest. Final straw that was. 

"Let's attack without the ball"

1 pass beats 6 players. 

1 pass beats 6 players

I've got a suggestion lads. Stop wandering off? 

1 header beats 6 players and Forest score.

What a surprise. Saw it coming a mile away. 

​played together when we whipped forest 5-0 so your argument is dross as per

I will never understand how Bryson and Hendrick turn into the chuckle brothers without Thorne holding their hand and telling them to stop playing like a glitch on FIFA. But I guess in a 4-2-3-1 system they probably won't be playing side by side. 

That said, I genuinely think Bryson has been brilliant recently. He's taken a lot of responsibility with the ball and he's stopped ghosting when the chips are down. Thought he was particularly good at Boro at home.

I'm still concerned about our back four selection for this game.

​I'd be much, much more concerned if Christie and Forsyth were back at LB & RB. At least we have experience in full back positions in this formation, who can guide Fozzy along, Albentosa i thought was good against Wigan 

Archived