Derby County vs Brentford

Carl Sagan

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure McClaren say's something to the crowd booing at full time, wouldn't be surprised; those that boo'd should never go to another match.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/314262/report

I think he's saying somethin to the linesman or 4th official or someone.....not the stand.

i was in west stand. There was no booing around me, but.....and i'm not kidding - a bit of a cacophany of boos from the directors box. All those freebies. 

Chris Martin was last a regular goal scorer in league one before us

bucko came from a free from a non league side

keogh came from just relegated Coventry

commons joined from league 1 forest 

rob earnshaw was bought as our most expensive ever player 

Robbie savage came through the ranks of Manchester United 

a players background before us means **** all

When a player constantly fails at every club he's at, questions are asked... 

After watching that debacle how anyone can pick out Simon Dawkins for criticism is beyond me.

If you read the whole conversation, you'd actually realise that this isn't the case, at all. I just disagreed that he was our best. Because he wasn't. If you look at my ratings, he's no where near the worst

The goal was certainly not Keoghs fault. Hendrick lost posession, and Bryson gave him too much room. Great overlapping run by the brentford full back created space due to the switchf our players. Will be viewed differently by each team.

Anyway, worst performance at home in a long time. 

I'm not a fan of Dawkins but he just about offered something we didn't have in the first half, posession retained. Although my gripe is this never led to anything. A criticism of him and his team mates.

Either way, we are still comfortable for fifth so let's take that, win or draw ugly and continue to support. 

That was the worst Derby County display certainly in the last two seasons, possibly since Jewell. It was larceny that we got a point. I can't see us putting it together on Tuesday, on the evidence of today. What price Blackpool putting us out of our misery?

Grant 6: close with the goal, made one other save I recall, kicked long too much

Keogh 6: drove forward whenever he could and flung his body in front of what looked a sure-fire goal; not really suited to being a forward-thinking fullback

Warnock 5: frustrating delivery - this is one reason Forsyth is in the Chmpionship's team of the season at left back

Albentosa 4.5: two shocking errors in the area that we somehow got away with. But made a saving challenge on Gray

Forsyth 5.5: Gave away pass after pass, but never hides and his clearance off the line might be what gets us promoted

Hendrick 6.5: Started really well, but ended up too negative. Has to realize that the deeper midfield role can still be an offesnsive position. Would have ben a 7 but for his reckless challenge near the end. We need cool heads.

Bryson 4.5: Never in the game. Needed to be closer to his man when they scored, but at least he tracked back quickly

Martin 6: Always wanted the ball. Struggled, it looked like down to fitness. Was he instructed tom play left wing, or did he just drift out there?

Ince 6.5: A good freekick, Another good effort. Kept running and trying throughout

Russell: 4: Never in the game. One cross early on.

Bent: 7 Ran tirelessly, including to get on the end of Hendrick's scuffed shot to score the goal that could yet make all the difference.

Subs:

Dawkins 6: It was one of those games where we looked better with him in the team. But he needs to impose himself more on the game. The other players say he's the most technically gifted at the club, but he doesn't show enough consistently.

Whitbread 6: Looked fairly comfortable. Almost scored. Passing not his strength, but it wasn't anyone else's today either.

Lingard 5: Don't think he's either scored for us, or looked loike scoring. Couldn't understand him getting the nod over Ward when we needed a goal. Didn't do much except one miscued shot. Has he struck a shot cleanly yet?

The goal was certainly not Keoghs fault. Hendrick lost posession, and Bryson gave him too much room. Great overlapping run by the brentford full back created space due to the switchf our players. Will be viewed differently by each team.

It amazes me anyone can blame him for it. Sure he could've stayed on Pritchard and left the fullback with 15 yards of space to cause havoc in our box and maybe we somehow scramble it clear if he does. He would've been 100% wrong to do so though and if he had and they'd scored that way instead no doubt the same posters would still be blaming him. At least then they'd have a leg to stand on though! 

​I can't even. Bryson could have scored five own goals today and it would still have been someone else's fault. 

He didn't score five own goals, but he did constantly try to get back and make up for all the constant errors made by Jeff Hendrick. We are attacking far left corner and who loses the ball really easy, makes no effort to get back and win it back and before we know it we are 1-0 down and picking the ball out of our net instead of theirs. Time and time again our team where on the back foot as Jeff insisted slowly turning it around and putting his fellow team mate under pressure. Watch every Brentford attack and the game again as many times as you like, you might see Jeff Hendrick in no mans land marking nobody, tackling nobody, and failing time and time again to make a good pass to a team mate. Oh and before you mention his crap shot, when he had all the space in the world and was more likely to hit the corner flag than a goal helped us get a point, realistically we could have and should of been 3 or 4 down due to his current errors, so if Bryson scores 4 surely Jeff gets at the very best a 3. If you have to blame anyone, or say anyone's at fault at least pick out the instigator and not shoot the poor old messenger that was trying to put things right.

He didn't score five own goals, but he did constantly try to get back and make up for all the constant errors made by Jeff Hendrick. We are attacking far left corner and who loses the ball really easy, makes no effort to get back and win it back and before we know it we are 1-0 down and picking the ball out of our net instead of theirs. Time and time again our team where on the back foot as Jeff insisted slowly turning it around and putting his fellow team mate under pressure. Watch every Brentford attack and the game again as many times as you like, you might see Jeff Hendrick in no mans land marking nobody, tackling nobody, and failing time and time again to make a good pass to a team mate. Oh and before you mention his crap shot, when he had all the space in the world and was more likely to hit the corner flag than a goal helped us get a point, realistically we could have and should of been 3 or 4 down due to his current errors, so if Bryson scores 4 surely Jeff gets at the very best a 3. If you have to blame anyone, or say anyone's at fault at least pick out the instigator and not shoot the poor old messenger that was trying to put things right.

What on earth are you talking about? Because Jeff might have been worse, it let's Bryson off the hook? 

More excuses from the Bryson brigade.

What on earth are you talking about? Because Jeff might have been worse, it let's Bryson off the hook? 

More excuses from the Bryson brigade.

Because I thought Jeff was worse, and the other 10 on the pitch tried to make amends. It doesn't let Bryson off any hook, I haven't put him on a hook, like some on here have.

I'm not in any Bryson brigade, so if you want to ask "What on earth are you talking about?" for having a different opinion to yours, then read all your own posts on here when you regularly attack fellow Derby fans for seeing it differently to you.

Because I thought Jeff was worse, and the other 10 on the pitch tried to make amends. It doesn't let Bryson off any hook, I haven't put him on a hook, like some on here have.

I'm not in any Bryson brigade, so if you want to ask "What on earth are you talking about?" for having a different opinion to yours, then read all your own posts on here when you regularly attack fellow Derby fans for seeing it differently to you.

I'll respect any opinion that is well thought through and explained, whether I agree with it or not. To go from discussing Bryson's performance, to saying 'Well, Hendrick was worse' is just a cop out. ​Same old Derby fans. Some players get defended to the hilt, others get thrown under the bus.

Grant .. 7

Keogh .. 7

Albentosa .. 4 .. is this the man who was to be our defensive saviour? 

Forsyth .. 3 .. unbelievably bad ball distribution 

Warnock .. 5 

Hendrick .. 7 .. at last a good performance from him 

Bryson .. 4 .. anonymous for 90% of the game 

Ince .. 6 

Martin .. 7 .. unlucky that Hughes was absent, with the two of them in the team it could have added another 30% or so to our creativity level 

Bent .. 4 .. no strength or incisiveness, despite his goal 

Russell .. 5 

Dawkins .. 5 

Whitbread .. 6 .. never rated him before, but looked a world beater      after the dreadful performances of Albentosa and Forsyth .. Buxton and Keogh still our best centre back pairing

Lingard .. 5 

a truly dire performance, Brentford must be kicking themselves for not running away with it .. 

Russell wasn't well before the game. Why did he play? Why not Dawkins? Lingard? Ward? 

Excellent first 10mins. Ince hit one wide, Button made some decent interceptions, he probably deserved the clean sheet. But then we gave up. The midfield vanished, allowing Pritchard to just run riot. I was impressed by him, he'd fit very well into any of the promoted teams for next season.

Makeshift back four was exposed several times, and but for Andre Gray having a mare, a goal line clearance from Fozzy and more than our fair share of lucky bounces, its a miracle Brentford didn't score 4 or 5. I don't want to see Forsyth at CB again, and I'm not enthused by Albentosa so far. Needed a pre-season with us really.

Martin was in and out of the game, marshalled really well by Brentford, yet Ince, Bent and Russell/Dawkins/Lingard/Hendrick/Bryson refused to take advantage of the gaping hole in midfield, where as Brentford did. I thought Hendrick had a decent game. The first ten minutes, he was showing for the ball, making himself availabe, playing a bit like Hughes does. No idea whats happened to Bryson. That could have been the game where he did what he did so well last season. Use Martin as a foil and run into the gaps created. Yet he was never in the right place. As a result, Brentford won all the second balls.

Incredibly poor, especially when this team can do so much better.

We haven't seen a good performance since Boxing Day - Birmingham away. That was a special performance, perfect from front to back. 

Didn't deserve the boos though. Moronic.

Russell wasn't well before the game. Why did he play? Why not Dawkins? Lingard? Ward? 

Excellent first 10mins. Ince hit one wide, Button made some decent interceptions, he probably deserved the clean sheet. But then we gave up. The midfield vanished, allowing Pritchard to just run riot. I was impressed by him, he'd fit very well into any of the promoted teams for next season.

Makeshift back four was exposed several times, and but for Andre Gray having a mare, a goal line clearance from Fozzy and more than our fair share of lucky bounces, its a miracle Brentford didn't score 4 or 5. I don't want to see Forsyth at CB again, and I'm not enthused by Albentosa so far. Needed a pre-season with us really.

Martin was in and out of the game, marshalled really well by Brentford, yet Ince, Bent and Russell/Dawkins/Lingard/Hendrick/Bryson refused to take advantage of the gaping hole in midfield, where as Brentford did. I thought Hendrick had a decent game. The first ten minutes, he was showing for the ball, making himself availabe, playing a bit like Hughes does. No idea whats happened to Bryson. That could have been the game where he did what he did so well last season. Use Martin as a foil and run into the gaps created. Yet he was never in the right place. As a result, Brentford won all the second balls.

Incredibly poor, especially when this team can do so much better.

We haven't seen a good performance since Boxing Day - Birmingham away. That was a special performance, perfect from front to back. 

Didn't deserve the boos though. Moronic.

​You do realise that Bryson was playing in a 4-2-3-1 meaning that he would be sitting back. Why would he have pushed up more to expose the defence even more so than it was, he was being played out of position along with too many of the players in the team.

​You do realise that Bryson was playing in a 4-2-3-1 meaning that he would be sitting back. Why would he have pushed up more to expose the defence even more so than it was, he was being played out of position along with too many of the players in the team.

​Doesn't mean he can't push on, for Hendrick to drop back, but neither did very often. Hendrick and Bryson needed to be the link between the back four and the front four. Which they weren't. Pretty much anonymous infact.

Archived