Carl Sagan

Saturday 11th April, 12.15 kickoff, at the iPride

Derby’s last 6:

W1 D3 L2 GF7 GA8 Pts6

Brentford’s last 6:

W2 D3 L1 GF13 GA10 Pts9

Head to head

P26 W11 D6 L9 GF47 GA43

The Super Rams have a win under our belts and Chris Martin may finally be back to start, but we’ve lost young William for the next 2 games through suspension. A win over our rivals in the league table would strongly cement a place in the playoffs. And maybe, just maybe…

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is on TV which means that we probably won't win but I'm confident if we keep the same back 4. Keogh at right back on the basis of today the solution to our right back problems. Pleased that Warnock did very well today and I hope he starts on Saturday. The only downside is that Hughes is out but I'm guessing that Hanson will come in for him if Bryson isn't fit. Hope both Martin and Bent start on Saturday.My team would be

Grant

Keogh Albentosa Forsyth Warnock

Hendrick Hanson

Ince          Martin          Russell

Bent

A win would all-but secure our place above them in table, especially as we have Blackpool at home the week after.

Lose this though and we will probably be out of the playoff places.

Massive game and we're still short on numbers so perhaps a draw wouldn't be terrible given the circumstances.

Russell             Bent      Martin            Ince

Bryson Hendrick

Warnock    Forsyth   Albentosa   Keogh

Grant

Subs: Roos, Shotton, Hanson, Dawkins, Ward, Lingard, [One of Koblenz/Bunjaku/Calero]

I think that's be Mac's team, but not his bench (which will have at least one of Christie and Whitbread). Without Hughes, Thorne, Eustace, Mascarell, I'd possibly have whoever is thought most ready out of Koblenz and Bunjaku from the U21s, but Mac may feel between them that Dawkins and Hanson give enough midfield cover.

I think Dawkins would be the best replacement for Hughes if Bryson is unavailable. He's keeps the ball well and does make good runs off Martin. 

If nor Dawkins then move Ince central and play Dawkins or Ward out wide.

I'd guess we would risk the same defence that started today. I would perhaps like to see Shotton or Christie in for Albentosa, but I can understand why neither would be risked. 

Forsyth and Warnock to start on the left side of the defence, regardless. 

In midfield, it's another tricky one. I don't know if we can play the same system without Hughes. Bryson and Hendrick at the base of the midfield just sounds suicidal. 

Obviously, we will have Ince, Martin, Russell and Bent to start in the attacking diamond. 

We'll have to see how this one plays out. I fancy Brentford to have a bit too much for us at the moment, although Martin certainly helps our case. 

Grant

Shotton - Keogh - Albentosa - Warnock

Hendrick - Hanson

Ince                    Bryson        Russell

Martin

Subs: Bent, Dawkins/Lingard, Ward as long as plan A is working.

Christie or Whitbread to come on if needed in defence.

I predict the inevitable "one man team reliant on Will Hughes" comments as we get overrun in midfield.

watching the FLS I think we can do well as Brentford are not going to be a sit back tight defence type of side, but I am totally sure we will concede.

Hopefully we triumph in a goalfest!!!

and I don't think a point is alright - it's so tight that any team losing is immediatly chasing for the remaining games.

So many Bryson/Hendrick picks in this thread as a 2 man midfield. Really? This really has to be a case of hope over experience. Neither really have a brain, and we need someone to anchor the midfield.  Warnock is probably the best option. If we need another left sided defender Whitbread will suffice.

Archived